Sixty-Six

-Nate POV-

There was no way to describe it.

Pain? Heartbreak?

Nah.

"Now you know." I finally said to my mom who sat across from me. I was at my parents house more than my own since I couldn't bare to be there without Tori.

She sighed. "Its not your fault honey."

"Mom." I shot her a look. "I basically drove her away. I pushed her so hard because I always figured she would stay."

"Tori's only human." Mom nodded. "And she's pregnant so everything is just harder. The emotions and all! You gotta be there for her now."

"She wants space."

"Give it to her." She said. "But don't let her forget the man you've always been to her."

I let that sink in. Is that what I needed to do? Maybe I need to he there for her instead of give her space. If space was there, I doubt we would ever get back on track.

And Sammy.

Anger seeped into my mind again. I wanted to slam my fists on the counter and rant on. But I held it all together.

"And it's the baby shower." My mom stood up. "So look alive. Everyone will be here soon."

I groaned. The last thing I needed was Tori here when I couldn't have her. Not to mention Sammy. Seeing them together was like poison in my mind. I hated it.

"Nate!" My dad called from outback.

I groaned again. I had to help out, but my mind was only on my daughter who would soon be here. And on my wife who was so far away.

-

Family and friends were arriving. A day ago, Mrs Henderson and Ben arrived from England with a few other family members from that side. They were staying for the shower and possibly the arrival of our daughter.

"Good seeing you." Ben said as him and I sipped a couple beers, waiting for Tori to get here.

"Likewise." I nodded. The backyard was set up in pastal pink and white. It all just made me emotional.

Ben was about to respond when Tori walked in from the back door. My jaw almost dropped. She wore a white flowy dress and her hair was curly around her glowing face.

Even pregnant - this woman still had an effect on me. And I was trying to hide that effect but she just looked so good walking towards us with a smile on her beautiful face.

"Hey everyone." She said cheerfully. I could tell she was masking the joy and I felt guilty because it was all me.

Everyone surrounded her with hugs and kisses. Her family was so excited and Tori couldn't help but tear up too. The pregnancy really made her emotional.

I watched her with longing. If I could be the one to wrap my arms around her, I'd be happy. But then I saw Sammy come into the back and the happiness was gone immediately.

It was like they were married. Doing all the shit together. It pissed me off but I kept it in because Tori needed a friend but if anything were to happen...Lord knows I wont hold any horses.

"You look stunning." My mom cooed over Tori.

"Oh its nothing." Tori blushed. Her eyes faltered over mine. I tried to smile but she looked away quickly. The moment was over before even starting.

The baby shower was pleasant. All the people knew Tori and I were on a break right now but they pretended we weren't and it made things worse. Especially when we took pictures.

"Nate! Hold her for gods sake." My mom yelled. She did that purposely.

I rolled my eyes and wrapped my arm around Tori - standing behind her. I pulled her against me. And god - it felt amazing.

"I'm sorry." I whispered in her ear discreetly.

Tori didn't say anything but I swear I felt her sigh under her breath when our bodies touched. She wanted this as much as I did but the circumstances forced us apart.

Then there was the gifts. People had really turned up with those. Even Ethan had gifted us with an expensive crib for baby. It was pretty sick.

"Nateee!" Tori groaned. "Look at these little socks!"

She looked ready to cry at the tiny socks with lace around the ankle part. I chuckled a little. "They fit around my thumb."

Tori giggled and stuffed the sock over my thumb to see. "Youre right! That's so cute."

We both laughed. Tori looked at me mid smile and it faltered. Almost like she forced herself to be against me. And I didn't blame her. But at least she warmed up to me.

Everyone else beamed at us. Even Sammy seemed relieved so I guess they weren't doing shit behind my back. But I could see it coming.

"Thanks for everything." Tori said at the end of the baby shower. "This really sweet of you guys. Nate and I can hardly wait!"

"We appreciate it all." I said, standing beside Tori.

And that signalled the end of the baby shower. Tori sighed and reached down to the pick the presents up.

"Hey let me help you. We can take it home and set up the - "

"Nate." Tori interrupted and wouldn't look me in the face. She didn't have to say the words for me to know.

"Sammy's place?" I gritted my teeth.

Tori nodded.

"Why not my parent's! Or you take the house and I'll crash somewhere else, Tori." I protested. "I don't want my childs stuff there!"

"I don't wanna argue. Its only for the time being." She said sternly. "Once the baby's here, I'll look for places."

I didn't say anything. I couldn't. This was too exhausting and annoying. I just wanted to drink until I can't even remember my name.

She grabbed a few things and stalked off to put them in Sammy's car. Sammy stood a few spaces away - I wanted to kill the guy but he was looking after her so I should have been thankful.