Chapter 1

"Charlie," my sister, Julia said.

"What Julia?" I replied. I walked into living room to see Julia in the kitchen making herself cereal.

"It's your first day of senior year how are you feeling?" She asked, her eyes looked up at mine.

"Well it's my first day at a new school, in a new town, with new people, and my last year of high school. I'm perfectly fine," I replied as I shrugged. I didn't really care as this was my final year of high school and I wouldn't have to deal with petty drama after it was over.

"Vanessa," she snapped.

"Oh yeah. You're pregnant with Zach's baby," I said as I rolled my eyes. I walked past her to grab my yogurt and a spoon.

"Don't start on Zach," she growled. I raised an eyebrow before shaking my head and sitting down to eat my yogurt.

Ever since I moved in with my older sister and her fiancé Zach, life has been 'different'. Zach got her pregnant four months ago and he proposed two months before that, so Julia has been on full panic attack all the time. Things have happened and they've gone unoticed but you know who cares. I've been living with them for about a year now. I'm only with them for another year before I can finally leave. The only reason I'm here is because our father is dead and our mother abandoned us when we were little.

"What should I wear to school?" I said as I finished my yogurt. I got up and threw my empty yogurt container away and put the spoon in the sink.

"Look nice, it's your last year of high school," she said.

"Sis, I've got all my life to impress people but I've only got a little time to impress myself," I said, walking into my room.

"Charlie," she called after me.

Yeah, I forgot to mention my name is Vanessa Charlie Artis. Most people call me Charlie because I look like a Charlie, but when they are upset they say Vanessa or at least that's what my sister does.

"Yeah Jules," I said.

Not to mention, I would call my sister Jules because she was like a jewel named Julia.

"Think about it. You're in a new town, you have no friends, you might want to impress some people today," she said.

"Fine," I said. I usually didn't care about what people thought of me, but I guess my sister had to be telling me the truth and if nothing else I can at least try today.

I grabbed my black skinny jeans, a light blue tank top and my white cropped leather jacket. I put my brown Uggs on and walked into my bathroom. I did my makeup lightly and added a pink lipstick to make my gray eyes pop out more. Then I added mascara and a little blush. I curled the tips of my golden brown hair. After that I put on my gray beanie, walked into the living room, and grabbed my bag for school.

"Oh my god! Charlie!!!" Julia gushed.

"Yeah yeah. Thanks Jules," I said kissing her cheek.

"Don't forget your phone," she smiled, handing me my phone.

"Right," I smiled, taking my iPhone 5 from her.

"Have fun at school," she giggled.

"Yeah I'll try. See you lates," I said heading out the door.

I walked down the street and looked around. The town we moved to was pretty small and cute. It would be perfect for the baby. I kept walking and almost got hit by a car.

I turned and looked at the driver. He had green eyes, chocolate brown curly hair, pink lips and a light tan. He wore a dark gray beanie, a brown leather jacket over a plaid blue and white shirt which was opened two buttons down to show his cropped white t-shirt. He rolled his window down and stuck his head out the window.