Chapter 61

Songs of the Chappie:

Beautiful Day- U2

Forever and Always- Parachute

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Harry's POV.

Ten years had past since my beautiful daughter Marlee Vanessa Styles was born. Through that time I watched as Charlie grew paler and paler each day. Turns out that even when you bring a dead person back to life, they die soon after. I remember the last day I saw her beautiful smile. Marlee was crawling and decided to start walking for us and it made her so happy that she could watch her daughter's first steps. I remember our conversation that night.

*Flashback*

"Harry," she whispered. She was fragile, but she still liked to cuddle close to me and be held tight by me. She had her head on my shoulder and her gray eyes looked up at me. Marlee had gotten her gray eyes from Charlie and she got the brown curls from me.

"Yes baby," I said, looking down into her eyes. I could see the pain in them. Though she knew she was dying, she kept fighting everyday and it was draining her.

"You know I love you so much right," she asked. It was almost as if she knew she was going to die that night, but she never decided to tell me.

"I do," I said, kissing her forehead softly.

"Can you do me a favour?" she asked.

"Anything," she said.

"When I'm gone, I don't want you to mourn over me. I want you to enjoy the times we had together," she said.

"Of course," I said.

"No, I want you to promise," she begged.

"I promise," I whispered. I couldn't look at her while promising this, but I knew that it wasn't true.

"You'll always be my reason of breathing. My trust, my life, my everything," she whispered.

"You're my trust, my life, and my everything Vanessa Charlie," I whispered.

I waited a few minutes for a response, but I didn't hear one. I looked down and saw her eyes closed, but she wasn't breathing. She let go to continue a life somewhere beyond anything I knew. I sat in bed and held her tightly that night thinking of everything that we went through. From the beginning of senior year when we fought all of those demons to when we restarted life and met again.

*Flashback over*

I heard little girls squealing in Marlee's room as they laughed at something on the tv. I walked into the closet that used to be full of Charlie's things at one point and opened the box that contained presents for Marlee. Charlie knew she would miss some birthdays so she left different presents for each birthday, up until Marlee was 18.

I picked up the birthday present wrapped in pink that said for Marlee's tenth birthday. I felt on it to see if I could think about what was in it. It felt hard like a book of some sorts, but what would I know...

*Four hours later*

Everyone was in the backyard playing in the pool. Zayn had the barbeque going and we were all sitting watching our kids play.

"Did you ever think this would happen?" Niall asked.

"Honestly I didn't think it would be like this," Louis said. I knew he met that he didn't think that we'd lose Charlie, but what was I suppose to say to that.