Chapter 17

On Monday I felt so sick. My hangover was horrible and Jules was being a bitch about it. She forced me to go to school. It was really cold so I put on a purple turtle neck shirt, with my black leather jacket, a midnight blue scarf, with white skinny jeans and brown Uggs. I put my hair in a low ponytail and left it naturally curled. I did a little mascara and some lip gloss. Then I picked up my backpack and walked into the living room.

"Hope you have a good day," Jules said quietly drinking her coffee.

"You're not suppose to drink coffee while pregnant," I said.

"I'm not pregnant," she said quietly.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"I lost the baby two months ago," she said almost silently.

"Jules," I said about to hug her.

"Go to school," she snapped.

"Alright," I said. I walked out the house and headed down the street. I walked past where I first saw Harry, then I walked into school. Everyone watched me intently and suddenly I felt self-conscious. If Harry was with me, he'd reassure me that everything was ok. too bad he's not. When I reach my locker that's a note on it. Of course it calls me a slut for being with Harry, but you know whatever. When I opened my locker, a bunch of notes saying slut on them were left. I know for sure that Emily and Ashley wrote some but the others looked unfamiliar. Then there was this big card and written on it was slut in big red letters. I knew who wrote that one, Zach. I simply picked each note up and threw them away. I closed my locker and headed for Chemistry. While walking there, a few people had passed me by and called me a slut. I politely gave them the finger and entered class.

I sat toward the back like always. Then class started piling in. I pulled out my mug and sipped my whiskey before listening to our teacher. Then Harry walked in with his button up red plaid shirt halfway unbuttoned. He was wearing black skiing jeans and brown leather loafers. There were no open seats except for the one next to me. Great, he started walking back to where I was and I went back to work.

"Hey," he said softly.

"Hi," I said.

"What are we working on?" he asked.

"We're working on our homework from last night," I said.

"Oh cool. Thanks," he said pulling out his notebook. Then we worked on our homework quietly. Halfway through class someone passed me a note. When I opened it, it said the same as every other note. I crumbled it up and threw it away.

"What was that?" he asked.

"Nothing," I said with my voice cracking a little.

"I know it's something," he whispered.

"I don't want to talk about it," I said.

"But baby," he said.

"I'm not your baby anymore. Remember," I said.

"Oh, yeah. Sorry, kind of used to it," he said quietly.

"Yeah, I'm sorry too," I said getting up and turning my homework in. Then I walked out of class. I went outside and sat under a tree wishing my dad was here. He'd know exactly what to say.

"Charlie," I heard Harry say softly.

"Harry can we not," I said wiping my eyes.

"But Charlie," he said sitting next to me.

"You're the one that ended it," I said softly.

"You're the one that was being difficult," he said.