Chapter 2

"Charlie," Harry called walking behind me. I ignored his call. I didn't believe anything Ashley said, but I didn't want to be bothered with Harry at the moment either.

"Charlie," he called again. He seemed louder and closer, but I kept walking. I figured if I kept walking then he would leave me alone, but I guess I was wrong.

"Vanessa," he yelled, grabbing my arm and turning me to face him.

"Mmm yes Harry?" I said innocently.

"You know what," he said angrily.

"I'm afraid that I don't Harry," I said with a slight attitude. I crossed my arms over my chest.

"Why did you storm off like that and ignore me when you heard me calling you?" he asked.

"I don't know what you're talking about. I didn't hear my name getting called," I said.

"Stop lying. Just tell me why you're mad," he said running his fingers through his hair.

"You want to know. Your girlfriend just told me a whole bunch of crap, I don't have friends, it's my first day of senior year in a new place, and I'm having a bad day. Sorry I can't be perfect Barbie girl with a smile on her face while she's pissed off. Plus she's right," I said.

"First off Ashley isn't my girlfriend, second why would you listen to her, third I'm your friend, fourth I'm sorry I can't help with that unless you let me try, and lastly what is she right about?" he said back.

"She isn't your girlfriend anymore. And I didn't listen to her, I just needed space from you so I could think for myself. And your only being nice to me because I'm new. She's right because there's no reason that you should or would want to hang out with me," I said.

"She never was my girlfriend. And clearly you must've listened to something she said if you have to go back and think about it. And I'm not being nice, I want to be your friend. And there is a reason I want to hang out with you," he said, running his fingers through my hair.

"Whatever Harry. Just leave me alone," I said pulling my wrist out of his grasp.

"Stop this mess," he said wrapping his arm around my waist and pulling me close.

"Harry what are you doing?" I whispered.

"Telling you that I want to be your friend and that I actually care about you," he whispered back.

"Alright," I whispered back.

"Are we good?" Harry asked, looking into my gray eyes.

"Yes," I said, biting my lip

"Alright," Harry said, letting my waist go and turning around.

"Harry?" I called.

"Yes love," he said as he walked down the hall.

"Where are you going?" I asked.

"I'm going to English. You have History," he smiled and winked

"Yes, but I don't know where History is," I said, blushing.

"It's straight down the hall. You can't miss it," he called.

"Ummm alright," I said.

"You'll see a blond guy in a gray sweater, that's my best mate Niall. He'll show you around," Harry said.

"Niall?" I said.

"Yes Niall," he said.

"Alright then, bye Harry," I said walking toward History.

"Bye Charlie," he smiled as he walked toward English.