Chapter 54

Songs of the Chappie:

Undercover- Selena Gomez

Bloodstream- Stateless

Go check out Summer by Calvin Harris

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I walked with Niall through the woods. I laid my head against his shoulder as I held his hand tightly and followed him to my future. We walked in silence, but that was enough for me. The wind howled through the night and the leaves whispered secrets as they passed me by.

"So you know?" he asked me.

"I know what exactly?" I asked.

"You know what I am," he said.

"Yeah," I said.

"Do you know what Harry and the other boys are too?" he asked.

"Yes," I said.

"Do you know what you are?" he asked. This time he stopped in his tracks and faced me. His face serious making his eyes hard and lacking emotion. His lips parted slightly and closed again. He studied my face as I studied his before I answered his question.

"No," I said. Then I resumed to walking. He followed close behind like a puppy in trouble. Of course, I could only laugh at his actions, which I knew confused him.

"It's easier to smile through the pain than it is to cry," I replied.

"How'd you know what I was thinking?" he asked. Clearly, he didn't know what I was either.

"I don't know. I just guessed," I said.

"Cool," he said.

"Where are you taking me?" I asked.

"I thought you had it figured out," he said.

"Nope," I said.

Then memories flashed through my brain and I knew exactly where we were.

"Why here?" I asked.

"Because you need to remember," he said, leaning against a tree. He moved his hand to his hair and ran his fingers slowly through it. I closed my eyes and felt the wind run through me. My blood turned cold as everything ran through my brain. I could hear a voice in my head begging me to keep it together, but as it all came together I lost it. I fell on my knees to the ground and broke down. I felt warm arms wrap around me, but I felt frozen. I couldn't allow myself to open my eyes and feel safe. I couldn't even move. I was stuck in my head with my nightmares that used to be my reality.

-----------

Harry's POV.

A hand ran through my hair and I opened my eyes to see my mother standing next to my bed. I was in an all white room. The bright lights were killing me and I couldn't move. Well I could, but there were wires all around me.

I sat up though my back told me that was a bad idea. I looked around the room and saw Zayn, Louis, and Liam sitting in chairs with their eyes closed.

"What happened?" I asked.

"You crashed the car," my mother said softly.

"Is everyone ok? Where's Niall?" I said, making a move to get out of the bed, but feeling pain rush all into my back.

"Honey, you can't do that. And everyone's fine," she said.

"What do you mean I can't get up?" I asked.