Chapter 2

"Hey Marc!"  Vada said, high fiving Marc as she went into the building of Lida and Volstak Inc. She'd seen him only the night before at the dinner for her birthday and he'd told her to drop by the next day.

"Hey Pumpkin face!" He said, following up with a fist bump. It was the most unusual scene to most people but those two were always coming up with new ways to greet each other.

"How's Emma feeling?"  Vada asked, following him towards the elevator.

"Better- still at home resting but nothing plenty of sleep and liquids won't fix." Marc said.

"Here." Vada said, reaching into her purse and handing him a book. "She said she wanted to borrow this before. I figured since she's at home with the flu..."

"Thanks. That's sweet." Marc said, taking the book and flipping through the pages.

"So, where's daddy?" Vada said as the elevator doors opened, and Marc led her down the corridor.

"In his office, with your mother and a client." Marc said.

"A client? This early?" Vada asked. 

"Yeah, It's a client from out of town.."  Marc said, signaling with his hands.

"Oh...  I see. They mentioned something about it yesterday. Must be someone important."Vada said, sticking her hands in the pockets of her boyfriend jeans with a sigh.

'Yes- Davide Peroni." Marc said, making her lift her brow.

"Sounds exotic." She said and Marc laughed.

"Hardly, but they've been clients with us since nearly the beginning. Anyway- I asked you to come by because I wanted to give you something."  Marc said. 

"What is it?" Vada said with a smile.  Marc led her into his office, where he produced a small box.

"This is something that Emma and I spotted last week."  Marc said, opening it, "and we immediately thought of you."

"Oh my god..." Vada said, with a laugh as she took out a small bracelet. "it's adorable."

"I would have brought it with me last night but I forgot it. I'm sorry you had to come all the way here." Marc said as Vada was clipping it on.

"Oh no!  Thank you, it's so cute!" Vada said, hugging Marc. "Please thank Emma for me."

"I would have sent them with your parents..." Marc began but Vada shook her head.

"I would have preferred to get them from you guys directly."  Vada said.

"I knew you would say that." Marc replied.

"Besides, I'm always in town on Tuesdays." Vada said.

"I know." Marc said.

Emma and Marc were close to all of Brian and Nora's kids, being referred to as Aunt and Uncle when they were younger, but it was no secret that they had an especially great relationship with Vada.

"What are you doing here?" Matt said, doing a double take as he passed by Marc's office.

"Picking up my birthday present on my way to the club."  Vada said.

"And here I thought you missed me." Matt said laughing.

"Yeah, right. I got enough of you yesterday. Nick?" Vada asked.

"He's in the meeting with Mom and Dad." Matt said.

"Grandpa?" Vada said.

"In the meeting." Matt said.