Chapter 60

"George!" Vada said running towards Georgina as she walked into the house.

"Hey!" Georgina said, wrapping her arms around her sister.

"You're back so soon." Vada said, thinking it hadn't quite been three months since she came home.

"She kept insisting she needed to come check on you guys." Damian said with a smile as he held Charlie in his arms.

"Charlie!" Vada said with a grin, immediately forgetting everyone else in the room and taking the little girl in her arms.

"Vaya! Vaya!" Charlie said excitedly.

"She remembers." Vada said and George smiled.

"Of course she does, your her favorite auntie." George said.

"I'm her only auntie." Vada said with a grin.

"I didn't expect to find you here." George said, stepping inside as the maids brought the suitcases in.

"I'm having lunch with Matt and Nicky and Ryan on the terrace. " Vada said, moving in that direction. "And mom and Dad of course."

"Oh wow, everyone is here!" George said.

"Sunday lunches, you know how it is- did they know you were coming?" Vada asked.

"No- it's a surprise." George said and Vada laughed.

"Well..." Vada said. "You two wait here and we'll see who notices her first."

Damian and George stared at each other with a grin as Vada disappeared behind the terrace doors.

"And why didn't they just knock it over?" Brian asked as Vada took her seat.

Ryan, Nick's incredibly handsome and successful architect boyfriend, smiled.

"The base is still solid and to be honest, it's rare to find an actual brick building anymore. Nowadays, they fill in wire mesh with concrete which makes it impossible to remodel." Ryan said.

"It's such a nice building- I'm glad they're not demolishing it." Nora said, taking a sip of her tea.

"The old building on 21st?" Vada said, trying to get attention but no one looked her way except Ryan.

"Yeah-that one." He said and then looked back at Brian and Nora.

"We have a house near there. Beautiful, same style but we hardly ever use it." Brian said.

"Oh it is beautiful. Nick was showing me photos just last..." Ryan began but then he slowed down and turned to look at Vada who was trying not to laugh, her eyes twinkling.

"I'm sorry but... Vada, did you always have that baby on your lap?" Ryan asked.

Everyone frowned confused and turned to look at Vada.

"Who? Her? Nah..." Vada said casually. "I just found her out front. She's a stray I think- I'm deciding if I'll keep her."

"Oh god, Charlie!" Nora said jumping up and running around the table.

"Surprise!" George said, suddenly popping out from behind the terrace doors.

There was a sudden outburst of laughter as Brian stood and together with Nora fussed over their daughter.