Chapter 56

Note: Okay so you guys noticed I'm moving rather quickly. I want to be done with this story soon- another ten chapters or so and I think that's it. I'm still planning to get A Mafia Daughter 3 released this week so keep an eye out for that and my other ongoing stories will updated again soon. I'll let you guys know what my release schedule will look like once I'm done with this one. Anyways, enjoy- i appreciate all your support.

-----

"That girl went through so much to get here to you... do you realize what you just did?" Matteo asked after Matt and Nick left.

Davide looked out the window and took a deep breath.

"I do." He said, looking down and walking around to the opposite side of the desk.

"Why?" Matteo asked.

"She doesn't belong here. I knew that- you used to know that too. But she does that- she wraps you up in her little fantasy and makes you think somehow it will work out... when it won't." Davide said.

"So you believe me?" Matteo asked.

"Yes." Davide said. "I do."

"Why do you believe me now?" Matteo asked. Davide sighed.

"It was a dumb think to think in the first place." Davide said, shaking his head.

Matteo stared at his son- the boy had just promised to stay a way from the girl he knew was crazy about him and who he was just as crazy about, all for her own sake.

"Shit." Matteo said with a chuckle.

"What?" Davide asked.

"It's finally happened." Matteo said.

"What?" Davide repeated.

"You grew up." Matteo said making Davide frown.

"I'm 30." Davide said but Matteo shook his head.

"That's not what I meant." Matteo said.

"Then?" Davide asked.

"Did I ever tell you about how I met your mother?" Matteo asked, making Davide groan.

"I've heard this story too many times." Davide said.

"Well, I was pretty selfish when I met her. All I could think about was how much I wanted her, it never occurred to me that she could want something else or how hard this type of life could be on her." Matteo said. Davide didn't reply, he only stared at Matteo.

"After her father, your grandfather flipped out," Matteo said, recalling how Viviana had been shot, "I thought the best thing I could do was push her away."

Davide sat up- he'd heard the story about Viviana's father, he was a traitor. He also knew about the trouble with the Carangi family, hell- he even knew about what happened in Italy.

"You had quite a few bumps in the road." Davide said, looking at his father.

"Including a few I created myself." Matteo said.

"Why do I get the feeling there's something you haven't told me?" Davide said.

"Because there is. Once, a very long time ago, I thought the best thing for your mother was for her to live as far away from la famiglia as possible." Matteo said.

Davide listened carefully as his father explained how for almost a year, she'd lived cast out completely.

"This can't be real." Davide said at length. "I can't believe that you would just cast her out like that."