Chapter 62

Note: In case you're wondering, yes. I did just set up premise for a future, far future, story in the previous chapter. But no promises yet on when that will come out.

----

"Georgina Carlton!" Marc said, smiling as George strolled into the office on Friday.

George smiled and shook her head.

"Georgina Casares." Emma corrected as she approached them.

"That's okay- I like being called Carlton every once in a while." Georgina said, greeting them both.

"It's a miracle." Marc said. "I don't believe you've set foot in this office in over ten years."

Georgina laughed.

"You're exaggerating!" She said, "It's only been like 8. And I see nothing's changed... someone should really tell the old man to redecorate."

"Why is it you kids blame everything on the old man?" Brian said, leaning on the door frame of his office, hands in his pockets and a brilliant smile on his face.

"Consider the alternative and tell me you want to call my mother an old..." Georgina began but Nora poked her head out from behind Brian.

"Don't you say it- I'll never forgive you." Nora said, pushing past Brian as she moved towards George but Brian came up from behind her and beat her to it.

"Hey!" Nora said, shaking her head.

Brian hugged Georgina before placing a kiss on her cheek.

"Cookie, I can't believe you're here." Brian said.

"Of course I'm here, Daddy- we are having a board meeting today, aren't we?" George said sweetly.

"Don't worry about me! Everyone just go about your business as usual!"

Everyone turned towards the entrance where Vada was struggling with Charlie in one arm, a large diaper bag in another, her own bag across her shoulder, and a couple of files in her hands.

"Pumpkin, let me help you." Marc said, moving towards her.

"And these are?" Marc asked, taking the files from her.

Vada put Charlie down and took her hand.

"I ran into Bobby downstairs and offered to take them- she had her hands full. Really full." Vada said, leading Charlie along.

"I'm sorry Vada. Damian is in Washington today and Charlie threw a fit when I tried to leave her at home." George said, biting her lip.

"That's okay, I got her." Nora said, moving along to pick up the toddler.

George turned to Emma.

"Emma, do you think... would you mind..." Georgina began but Emma just laughed.

"Don't worry." Emma said, "Marc can watch her during the meeting."

Marc laughed.

"My pleasure." he said.

"What is going on out here? Can you see people are trying to work?" Nick said, looking out of Matt's office door. "Oh. Matt- everyone's here."

"So?" Matt said.

"No, I mean everyone. Vada and George."  Nick said, walking towards them. "And Charlie?"

"Charlie?" Matt said, coming out behind Nick quickly. Matt absolutely doted on Charlie.

"She's a little young for board meetings, isn't she?" Matt said, snatching her away from Nora.

"Since when do you come to board meetings?" Nick asked.