Chapter 5

"LA?" Coda asked as she tried on a dress in the dressing room next to Vada. 

"Yes and the problem is that no one seems to understand that I really did forget. I'm not that interested in going anymore." Vada said, looking at herself as she tried on a dress.

"But your father already paid for it?" Coda asked.

"Yes, the old man jumped ahead of himself. Now I have to go- it was so strange and noble of him the way he gave me permission." Vada said, frowning. Just like every dress she owned, this made her look like the typical princess. 

"Well, go. I mean, look on the bright side. A summer in California without your parents watching you constantly? It sounds great." Coda said. 

"Coda- what is this?" Vada asked, looking at the last dress which Coda had selected for her. Coda grinned. 

"I thought it would look good on you. Try it on and let me see." Coda said. 

"Umm, no. This isn't my style." Vada replied. 

"And what? Porcelain doll is? Come on." Coda insisted. Vada sighed, taking the dress and unzipping it.

"This is snug." Vada said, wiggling in. 

"It's a 3, you're still a 3 right?" Coda asked. 

"Yeah, still a 3." Vada repeated. Coda finished putting her own clothes on and slipped out into the general area. 

"let me see." she said, knocking on the dressing room door. 

"Coda? Did you even see this thing? It's... so small." Vada replied. 

"That's the point. Come on, let me see." Coda replied. 

"No, it's too revealing." Vada said. 

"Vada, get your cute butt out here now." Coda said. Vada sighed and opened the stall. 

"Damn." Coda said, staring at Vada wide eyed. 

"What?" Vada asked. 

"You look so good. So different!" Coda said. Vada rolled her eyes and stepped out to look at herself in the full length mirror. This particular dress had a long and low v neck, which revealed the skin between Vada's chest down to just above her bellybutton. the skirt was form fitting and ended much too high. It was gorgeous, however, in gold and white and with slit open sleeves that ended at her wrists.

"I look...old." Vada said, secretly admiring her small waist and shapely legs.

"Not older, but older." Coda said. 

"I look...good." Vada said, chuckling. 

"Yeah. I bet if Davide were here, he'd think the same thing." Coda said with a smirk. 

"Oh, you're teasing me." Vada said, shaking her head and going back into the dressing room. 

"I'm not! Come on, don't tell me you never fantasize about that type of thing? Running into him, seducing him with a glance, running off to some beach weekend?" Coda said, leaning against the door.