Chapter 43

"You have a very beautiful home." Damian said as he danced with Vada.

Vada should of known that she'd end up dancing with him- he was the groom and she was the matron of honor... right?

The wedding had gone off without a hitch. Of course, when Georgina had taken much too long to get downstairs and head to the church, Vada had almost gone after her but it turns out, all she needed was a little one on one with her mother and soon they were off.

It was amazing to Vada just how beautiful her sister had become. Just amazing- she almost outshone her mother. Nora had always had a grace that made head turns no matter where she went, something that up until that moment, neither Vada or George had been able to accomplish but today- George did it.

"Thank you. My mother used to complain about how big it was when we were little but I think it's perfect." Vada said, remembering how much space there had always been to run and play.

"Your mother is very beautiful- I kept hearing from Georgina just how much everyone was always comparing her to her. I have to admit, I was a bit nervous to meet her." Damian said. "But now that I look at them, I don't think Georgina looks much like your mother at all."

Vada stared at him wide eyed.

"Umm, yeah they do. Look at her- you might as well have placed my mother in a 3-d printer." Vada said, pointing to her mother who was standing next to Brian and two other people. Damian laughed, a very pleasant sound.

"You're not looking at her right, look." Damian said, twirling Vada before bringing her back and facing her towards George, who was dancing with Matt.

"I'm looking." Vada said with a grin. She turned to Damian who was staring at Georgina.

"You see, Georgina is slimmer, and has a smaller chin. Her hair is a different shade of brown and her eyes are not quite as large as your mother's, and slightly almond shaped." He said, not taking his eyes off her.

Vada watched the way he looked at her- was it possible that Damian was actually in love in with Georgina?

"That's why I picked her. She's perfect." He said, making Vada nod.

"You know, now that you mention it... you're right. She doesn't look much like my mother at all." Vada said, in good humor.

"But, don't get me wrong. Georgina may be my favorite one, but your family is blessed with many beautiful women." Damian said, making Vada laugh.

"Stop." She said with a grin.

"Your parents should share the secret for beautiful daughters." Damian said, teasing her.

"Well, look at them..." Vada said, pointing in their direction. "Two very good looking people, very in love. It's a combination of genetics, luck..."

"And love."

Both Damian and Vada turned at the deep voice, Vada immediately stiffening. She would recognize that voice anywhere.

"Davide Peroni- It's been so long." Damian said with a smile. Davide nodded as the two greeted each other like old friend.

"Congratulations. I didn't realize you'd finally found a woman to tie you down." Davide said. Damian laughed.

"We all do eventually. You will too, kid." Damian said. "Are you parents here?"

"Yes, with the Carltons." Davide said, pointing to the front.

"I'm sorry- have you two met? I've forgotton my manners." Damian said, looking at Vada. Vada smiled weakly.