Chapter 36

"Wake up." Vada said, shaking Davide.

Davide groaned, rolling over in the bed.

"What?" He asked, annoyed.

"Get up. I need you to take me somewhere." She said. Davide sighed, pulling the covers over him.

"The keys are by the door- please take the car and let me sleep." He insisted.

"Fine." Vada said with a grin, turning to climb off the bed but Davide's hand reached out and stopped her.

"What? You don't trust me driving your car?" She asked with a laugh.

"What do you want?" He asked, sitting up with a yawn. Vada noticed how every little muscle moved as he stretched.

"I want you to take me somewhere, since I'm not allowed to go alone." Vada said.

"Where do you want to go?" Davide asked, raising his brow. Vada suddenly held up her phone to his face, making him lean back.

"The New Manhattan Dance Academy." He mumbled.

"Yes, they have a show today. Can you believe it? I didn't even know they were in town and today is the last day." Vada said excitedly.

"And you want to go see them?" He asked, shaking his head.

"Yes, please." She said.

"I'm too tired." He said laying back.

"Come on, please- it's a matinee and we'll need to leave soon." She said shaking him but he lay back still, with his eyes closed. "Don't go back to sleep!"

She began to shake him harder, eventually climbing on top of him and beginning to tickle, wondering if a man like him was ticklish.

"Stop." He said suddenly, the corners of his mouth beginning to turn up as he stifled a laugh.

"Come on, wake up." She said- trying to get him into a good mood.

"Stop." He said, trying to catch her hands.

"Come on, It's Sunday and I want to go see them. Please..." She said but she suddenly felt as he moved flipping her over on the bed and leaning over her.

"Stop- fine. FINE. I'll take you." He said with a grin. Vada smiled, giant dimples on either side of her mouth.

"Really?" She asked and Davide sighed.

"Really." He replied.

"Thank you." She said, moving up and kissing him impulsively.

Davide and Vada were both caught off guard by that. She never kissed him- he was always the one initiating a kiss and it was never quite like that one.

"I should get dressed." She said, swooping out from under him.

Davide sat on the bed for a moment before shaking his head.

"Hurry up." She called. "These things get packed."

"Then how do you know we'll be able to get tickets?" He asked, lazily standing up and moving towards the restroom.

"Because, I already bought them." She said.

Davide shook his head as he stared in the mirror and burst out laughing.

----

Davide couldn't help it- instead of watching the show, he didn't take his eyes off of Vada the whole time. She sat there, staring with her eyes wide and big smile on her face. She looked like a child and he frowned thinking she was still very young.