Chapter 46

"Vada!!! Vada, I know you're in there... open up."

Vada sighed and walked to her door, already knowing who would be standing on the other side of the door.

"Took you long enough." Georgina said, walking past her into the apartment.

"Please, come in." Vada said, looking around and closing the door behind her.

"I'm surprised you didn't bring you husband along." Vada said after a few minutes as Georgina stared at a suitcase by the door.

"Damian is with Charlie- Vada, you can't be serious?" Georgina asked, turning to look at it.

"About?" Vada asked, moving back to her smaller bag where she was double checking to make sure she had everything.

"You know what I'm talking about. I know you're not going to some spa!" Georgina said.

"What makes you think that? I wouldn't be the first dancer going for muscle problems." Vada said.

"You just joined the company and already you're taking time off?" Georgina asked. "I'm surprised they would let you."

Vada stayed quiet and looked down.

"Oh my god, you quit." Georgina said, moving to the sofa where she flung herself down against it, her long dark hair spilling over the cushions.

"Well, they weren't going to let me go, I knew that and I have to go." Vada said.

"You are in real danger of throwing away your future...you know that." Georgina said.

"No, I'm going to find my future." Vada said impulsively, regretting it immediately.

"Aha!" Georgina said, standing and pointing a long finger at Vada. "I knew it. I could tell- you're going back. You're going to see him. Did he come looking for you?"

"No! No, he didn't and please don't." Vada said.

"He didn't? Then why are you going back?" Georgina asked. "You know who those people are."

"I know who you and your husband are too but that doesn't stop me from loving you." Vada said, again turning red. Georgina stared at her wide eyed.

"You love him?" She asked. "After all this time?"

Vada sighed and moved over to the couch where Georgina was sitting.

"More than ever I think." Vada said.

"I thought you were angry- I thought you had realized the danger of a place like that." Georgina began but Vada nodded.

"I did." She said with a humorless laugh. "I did- He frightened me. They all did. All the time I was there with him, I knew who he was but it wasn't until the end that I actually saw it. Then I realized I didn't belong there and I ran... only."

"Only what?" Georgina asked.

"Only, it's been like 5 years..." Vada began.

"Four and a half." Georgina said.

"You kept track?" Vada asked.

"Of course I did, I keep track of you, always." Georgina said and Vada took her hand with a smile.

"George- I woke up the other day and I realized I'm not scared anymore. It was strange, it was like I found that part of me. The impulsive youth who was fearless... and now she's back. I'm not scared." Vada said.

"Even knowing what you know? Seeing what you've seen?" Georgina asked, incredulously.

"Yes. Don't get me wrong, I'm not looking to see something like that ever again, and I certainly don't want to become some high class thief..." Vada said, making Georgina blush, "But I want to be with him. I need to be with him, even knowing what I know about him."