Chapter 52

"Matteo." Chris said, staring wide eyed as Matteo Peroni made his way through the club, ignoring how people stared or anyone who might try to call his attention.

He moved around from the other side of the counter and bowed his head respectfully as Matteo took a seat.

Matteo hadn't walked into the club since before he was Don- this was certainly a surprise.

Most of the girls continued to move around, some doing a lousy job of hiding how they stared and others flat out stumbling. The majority of them might have seen a photo of him here and there but there were few who had actually met him.

"Chris- how is everything going?" Matteo asked, waiting for Chachi who was already pouring a drink out for him.

"Good- everything is going really good. We're having a good month." Chris said, looking around and signaling to the girls to get back to work.

Chachi appeared seconds later with a small glass.

She didn't say much- she had been quite young the last time she'd seen him in here and back then it was always Hey baby, but things were different. He was a Don now.

"Mr. Peroni." She mumbled, making Matteo laugh.

"There's no need, Chachi. We go way back." He said, putting her at ease. It seemed that Matteo being Don didn't keep him from being playful.

Chachi smiled and turned to walk back to the girls, ushering them off.

"Oh my god- that's him, isn't it? Matteo." Said one of the newer girls who had never seen him.

"Yeah- wow." Another replied. "Are you sure he's 60? He looks too gorgeous to be that old."

Chachi shook her head.

"Get back to work- the boss is watching us. NOW." Chachi replied, shooing them away. Still- she wasn't mad, she could understand that they wanted to stare.

All these years and Matteo Peroni was still damn gorgeous- so handsome and perfect. She wondered if he hadn't signed his soul over to the devil, it seemed the only plausible explanation. She took a breath- even Davide who seemed like a copy of his father couldn't do what this man did.

"So what brings you down here?" Chris asked, but he didn't have to. He knew exactly why Matteo was here- after all, he'd given them specific instructions that they'd ignored. Or at least she did.

Speak of the devil...

Vada walked out onto the floor, her tray in her hand and a frown on her face. She was getting pretty sick of this scene. Nothing had changed- Davide had not come and not even the rumors about her and Matteo had managed to spark his curiosity.

Vada had to admit- when the girls asked her about Matteo, she didn't deny what they were thinking. She wanted them to blab about it to the men they met, she wanted the news to get to Davide. A masked girl in a club having a heated affair with his father- wouldn't that at least ring some bells for him?

Maybe he just didn't care and that was what had Vada feeling so crummy. Davide didn't care that she was here which is why he hadn't come to argue with her about it.

She sighed, walking up to the bar to get her tables when she spotted them walking through the door.

"No!" She muttered in utter surprise. "No, no!"

Matt and Nick walked in ahead of Davide as he continued to speak to the bouncer outside, getting a run down of who was here at the moment.

To Davide it was important to keep the men from having too much contact with other patrons but he was surprised to learn that his father was here tonight and so he'd sent them in ahead of him, instructing a girl to get them a good table and a bottle.