6: Curly finds Zaz

Lydia's POV:

The next day, I was wearing my most flattering cream-colored and black cocktail dress with beautiful cream colored stilettos, had my hair perfectly curled and had the press conference planned out to the minute. 

From twelve to twelve thirty, there would be questions from the different news- and gossip papers, which would be filmed by a live morning television station. After this, there would be a twenty-minute window for fan questions that would be recorded for a live youtube-broadcast. Finally, after this, Colton would give his final statement. The conference would be over at one, after which I'd have to start planning further interviews as a response to his final statement.

The week before we'd fly out to Perth would definetely be a busy one, for me and Colton at least. The rest of the crew could take a few days off after the final meeting with Larry. 

So there the nine of us were, sitting at a panel, even though Martha had to sit back since she was my assistant, and they had not accounted for her.

The first thirty minutes went swimmingly, and I could visibly see Colton relax. He'd told me before the show that he liked the fan questions the best, because he didn't have to be such a stuck-up prick in those, and I'd laughed through the urge to remind him of his language.

In the beginning, a chosen fan came out with a basket of cookies that we knew had been checked thoroughly before the conference, and shyly walked up to Colton.

"Hi mister Zalamarez. I'm Jackie, and your twitter fans really wanted me to bring you these cookies. I hope you like them" She said, and Colton smiled brightly at her.

"Of course, thank you so much! I'll try one right now" he said while taking a big bite of one of the cookies.

"That tastes amazing! Did you make those yourself?" He asked the girl, who nodded with a big smile.

"Yeah, it's my mother's recipe. Thank you so much for taking them!" She said, and Colton smiled before finishing the cookie and promptly turning green. 

"Oh god" He whispered, before looking at the girl.

"Can you tell me what was in those cookies?" he asked the startled-looking girl.

"There's white chocolate, cranberries, almonds and peanut butter in them" She said, and Colton clutched his stomach while his green face turned a pale white.

"I have to-" he started before running off.

"Neill, finish the conference. Me and Martha will help him" I said, and Neill nodded while immediatly starting to explain Colton's allergy to nuts to the public, and reassuring the girl that Colton was going to be fine.

I threw my stilettos off and ran after Colton, ending in front of the suite door he'd left thrown open. Martha and I walked in, before a loud wail sounded from the closed bathroom.

"Um.. I'll just wait here, allright?" She said, and I nodded. 

"Close the suite door though. And please stay here, I might need you later" I told her before walking up to the bathroom door, of which loud, heart-wrenching sobs still resonated.

I knocked softly, and heard a gasp through the sobs.

"Colton? It's Lydia. Can I come in?" I asked, but there was no response.

"Colton, please? I'm just here to help you, okay? Will you let me?" I tried, but again, nothing.

That's when I got a brilliant.. Okay, maybe not brilliant, but a shot with a better chance of succeeding.