19: statements and commercial flights

It's late... It's also more than 6500 words though :) enjoy!

Lydia's POV:

I didn't put Colton back in his crib when he fell asleep, at this point I just couldn't muster up the strength. I hated being seperated from him when he was so obviously afraid, and I just needed to be there with him right then.

"Lyds, I'm really sorry for not strapping him down. I honestly didn't know" Martha said, and I sighed.

"I know, and you couldn't have known. It just scared me to death, especially after a day like this" I told her, and she smiled at me.

"I understand. Do you want some alone time with him?" She asked, and I nodded, so she threw me one last smile before exiting the nursery.

I sat in silence, just staring at my little boy. My fingers running over his sharp jaw, thick brow and softly bopping his pacifier, bobbing between his pouty lips. It looked odd, because his big, manly and muscled body formed such a sharp contrast with the soft colours of his onesie and pacifier. But it didn't really matter that it might seem odd. He was my little boy, and I'd been so worried about him today.

I stayed with him until he stirred and looked up, giving me the most adorable smile ever, accompanied with a sleepy "Huh?" At seeing me there.

"Good afternoon baby boy! Did you have a nice nap?" I cooed, and he nodded, turning back into me.

"Oh no mister, if you don't get up now you won't be able to sleep tonight. And guess who's not feeling like dealing with a little fussy-butt?" I said while pulling him up, and he groaned while spittin out his pacifier, leaving it to dangle from its cord.

"No-ooh! I'm not feeling like dealing with the world right now" he whined, and I flicked his nose playfully.

"And how about dealing with a bottle and a little non-pool related playing with Ruby?" I bargained, and he sighed.

"I can't play. I have to arrange a press conference, which we should probably host in the US. I have the biggest platform there, so I might get more support" he said, and I sighed.

"I know, baby. But why don't you at least try to recover from today first?" I asked, and he wriggled a little.

"I can't! This takes a lot of organization" he said, and I nodded.

"Well, let's at least get you in a clean diaper first. And maybe something in that tummy" I said while tickling his stomach, and he sighed in defeat.

"Oh-kay" he sighed, and I chuckled before quickly getting him changed.

I carried him downstairs, where the others were watching a movie in the living room.

"Colton! Hey, how are you feeling? I am so sorry for doing this to you" Ruby immediatly said while coming up to us, clearly in her adult headspace.

"It's okay. You couldn't help it, it was an accident" Colton reassured her, and she gave him a hug.

"I'm still really sorry" she said, and Colton melted into the hug.

"Raymond was more to blame for everything. Where is he, now that we speak of him?" My little boy asked, and I looked at the others questioningly.

"We kicked him out. Not that he wanted to stay after the hell we gave him for ratting you out to the press." Jack said, and I nodded.

"Good. Now Colton, I'm all for charging him. He assaulted universal Little Protection Rights, and what he did was unforgivable. Every jury would take our side" I said, but Colton shook his head.