26: getting lost and therapy

I've got a hangover, whooooooah... college is great. I made out with four people last night and don't know any of their names and that's socially acceptable. Awesome!

Also, it's not very dramatic.. I tried to write an introduction for the intense, emotional part and ended up with 5000 words of fluff...sorry

Lydia's POV:

Honestly, there was something amazing about waking up with a little boy cuddled into you.

Especially when that little boy came in the shape of a 6"4 blanket-oven of a man and you perpetually have cold feet.

He was slowly and subconsciously sucking his pacifier, his hands curled into my shirt and his chin tucked on top of my head because there was too little space for him to tuck it underneath my chin and still straighten out his back.

I gave a few pats to his diaper-clad bottom, finding the underwear dry, unsurprisingly so after his bout of crying and sweating after his nightmare.

I stopped patting his butt so I could curl my hands around him and go back to sleep myself, but the moment I stopped he let out a tiny whine and did the most adorable butt-wiggle I'd ever seen.

I had to stifle my laughter, but continued rubbing his butt, earning myself a happy, sleepy little hum and a completely relaxed Colton. 

I looked over at the clock and saw it was already eight am, meaning I had to get Colton up if we were going to be in time for our ten-thirty intake with the physical therapist.

But for now, I just rubbed his butt a little longer.

"Happy, happy baby," I chuckled when he actually stuck his butt out further to meet my rubs, and at that I felt him stir and start to actually, consciously wake up.

"Mommy?" The sleepy voice sounded, and I moved myself out from underneath him to press a kiss to his forehead.

"Someone looks relaxed," I smiled, and he gave me a slow nod.

"I'm sleepy."

"I can see that. I guess that's the newfound effect of butt-rubs," I said, and he frowned.

"No. I don't like butt-rubs."

"Oh yes you do. But that's not important right now. Right now, we need to get some breakfast into you, and then we need to get you ready to see the physical therapist," I said, and he rubbed his eyes, trying to wake up faster.

"Why are you always making these appointments randomly?" He whined, seemingly struggling between wanting to stay underneath the blankets and being annoyed with me.

"I told you yesterday, kiddo. Let's get you breakfast," I said, lifting him up and into the cool air outside of the blankets, which he did not appear to appreciate because he immediately curled into me, tucking his apparently icy (not really, that man is a human radiator) feet inbetween my legs.

"It's cold though," he whined again.

"I know baby, getting up is hard. But since you sweat all through your sleeper, I didn't really have much else," I said, putting some footed baby blue sweatpants on over the boy's onesie to keep him warm during breakfast.

"Why am I this messy after freaking oatmeal?" Colton grumped after messing up his face, hair and shirt.

It'd been his idea not to wear a bib, as well as him feeding himself.

This was why I needed two and a half hours to get ready.

"Because you should listen to me, that's why. Now, let's get you a quick bath," I said before picking him up and rushing him through a bath and getting him dressed in comfortable, sporty clothes since I didn't know what excercises the therapist would be doing with him.