9: Meetings and fessing up

Lydia's POV:

We entered the meeting exactly on time, even though the rest of the crew and Larry were already sitting there.

"Hey Colt, how are you?" Neill asked, and Colton gave his signature half-smile.

"Feeling better. Those cookies fell pretty damn wrong though." he said, and I had to admire his acting skills. Nobody would ever guess him to be a little.

"Mister Frasier, how nice to see you in this final meeting. Have you gotten the chance to look over the final financial plan we have written up?" he asked while sitting down at the head of the table, folding his hands together on the table.

"Me and my team have looked it over, and we agree with most things. I would really like to thank you for the raise in budget, especially. However, there was one thing we would like to discuss about the change in management protocol" Larry said, and Colton frowned.

"What was it? We only updated the already existing pyramid strategy" He said, and Larry nodded.

"Yes, but you made it so that our CEO, which is me, has to answer directly to the new board of directors in light of any major sales, contracts or decisions instead of making them seperately from the main company and answering for them in the annual report. Could that be changed?" He said, and Colton sighed.

"I'm sorry. However, now that I'll be turning the direct supervision of my company over to a board of directors instead of myself, I need to have them supervise all of the company decisions through the direct guidelines I set up and have shared with them, to stay on track with the ten-year plan I have developed together with mister Raymond Hallman here. So therefore, I will need you to have online meetings with my board of directors before making executive decisions to gain their approval." He explained, and Larry nodded sullenly.

"Allright, that is the only question I had for now" he said, and Colton smiled.

"Good. Now, on to the split budget plan. We will need to develop a smart plan on spending the extra money your branch will be receiving-" He said, interrupting himself while paling.

So I dialed his phone number under the table, causing him to throw me a grateful glance.

"I am really sorry, but I have to take this call. Lydia, I need you to come with me. Raymond, you can explain more about this." He said before quickly making his way out of the conference room, me quickly trailing behind him.

As I expected, he immediatly made his way into th handicapped bathroom stall, which luckily for me also had a changing table.

"Lydia, I- I just-" He said with a bright red blush and what looked to be a possible start of tears, and I pressed a kiss to his forehead.

"I know, messy diapers aren't fun for anyone. Come on sweetie, no tears right now, okay? I'll change you really quickly, promise" I said hastily before directing him to lay down on the changing table and giving him his pacifier to calm him down.

I made quick work of changing him and washing my hands, but he didn't really seem ready to head back just yet.

"Did I do good?" He asked in a small voice, and I nodded, internally getting whiplash between the confident "Dom-act" of the little boy, and said sweet, unneccesarily insecure little that was sitting in front of me right now.

"You're doing so, so very good! I'm really proud of you, baby. Just a little while more, okay?" I said, and he nodded.

"Yeah. Just a little while" he said, seemingly more to himself than to me, and I pulled him in for a hug.