2

Beyonce

I packed my bags up and looked around my apartment for anything else I may have forgotten. I sat on the bed as Kelly came and got the rest of my bags. "You ready Bey Bey?" I nodded, getting up. Thursday came upon me and I decided I was going to 40/40, even though West already knew.

"I'ma miss you." She said, in the car, on the way to the airport. "I know, but you know how long I've been wanting to get out of Houston."

She looked down. "I just wish it was for the right reason." She mumbled. "Kelly, don't start. I want to leave on good terms."

She looked up again as the light we were at turned green. "I won't. Just thinking to myself."

Silence consumed the car. "You know if you need anything, you could call me, right?" I nodded. "Kells, you my best friend. What type of question is that?" She shrugged, pulling up to the airport.

We both got out, getting my things from the car. "Have fun getting this onto the plane." She said. I laughed a little, the thought of leaving home pounding in my head. Soon enough, it consumed my thought and tears started forming in my eyes.

Kelly hugged me tight. "Hey, don't worry, Hun. You'll be just fine. I can always visit, you can always visit."

I nodded, wiping my tears away, sort of. Kissing my cheek, she hugged me again. "I'll miss you BB."

"I'ma miss you to Kelly." She smiled as I started to walk away. Getting back in her car, that was it. She was gone, and I was about to be. I knew she was bawling in the car. We'd spent the whole day yesterday together since I was leaving.

Walking into the airport, I waited for my flight.

•••

Getting settled into the small apartment someone at 40/40 had funded for me, I laid down on the, somewhat, comfy bed.

I had to go to 40/40 at about 6:00 to meet with the boss to discuss my job. Not once in my head did I think about meeting Jay Z. He has businesses all over, so it had to be someone else who was, in fact, the boss.

Soon enough, 5:30 came around and I called an Uber. Being here for about an hour made me realize that traffic was heavy and nonstop.

Getting picked up, I got in the car and the woman headed to 40/40. "You new here?" I nodded, not wanting to make conversation with her.

"What for?" I rolled my eyes. "For none of your business. I called for a ride, not an interrogation, thank you." I said, getting frustrated. She was taken back.

"See, if you woulda just stick to your job.." Getting to the club, I got my bag out of her car and paid her, no tip.

Walking into the club, people were at the bar, some sitting down. It wasn't as hype as Fusion, but I thought about the money.

Asking around, I found out where the boss's office was and went to the back. Following the directions a blonde lady gave me, I stood upon a door with Shawn Carter on it. I shook. "Maybe he is the actual boss."

Taking a deep breath, I knocked on the door. "One second." Standing outside of the door, his voice sent chills down my spine. Opening it up, there stood a tall, dark man. My sexual instincts automatically turned on and there was a puddle in my panties. He smiled. "Beyonce?"