20

Saturday, September 4; Bey's Birthday
Beyoncé

     Waking up to a kiss on the lips, I smiled a little, still tired from what Carter put down last night. "Wake up Bey." He licked his lips, placing a wet kiss on my cheek. "I'm up." Facing him, I kissed him back and smiled. "How it feel to be 30?" I shrugged. "Same way it felt to be 29."

"You got a choice on what you wanna do first. I could make your birthday breakfast or we could go for another round in the shower."

Seeing as though he was half naked in the bed right now and I was feeling on his abs, I really wanted another round. "I'll take the second one." He smirked. "But brush your teeth first cause that's disgusting." He laughed and nodded. "Come on."

•••

"Where are we going today?" I asked as I ate my pineapples on the island as always. "You don't need to know."

I rolled my eyes. "Secretive ass." He licked his lips. "I was thinking last night, before I fell asleep. I wanna recreate what happened at the skating rink, but at 40."

"So, glow in the dark with skates?" I nodded. "I can set that up."

I smiled. "Thanks." He nodded. "I've been meaning to ask you something since day 1 too."

"Go ahead." I ate a pineapple. "When you getting back in the studio? The last thing I heard was The Blueprint 3." He chuckled. "Baby, I'm old."

"33 is not old. I used to like some of the songs I heard." He looked up. "Aight, I'll get back in the studio soon." I smiled. "For me." He nodded. I pecked his lips. "I hate when talented people are selfish."

"What about you? You can sing real good and I ain't heard you anywhere but the shower." I rolled my eyes. "It's not the same." He shrugged. "Yes it is. Sing something." I raised my eyebrows. "I don't sing in front of people."

"I'm not people, I'm ya man. Sing." I shook my head. "Nope." He scoffed. "Sing or I'm canceling everything I planned today." I rolled my eyes. "What you want me to sing?" He shrugged.

"Wait, I recorded a song once." He scrunched his eyebrows up. "When?" I sighed. "You know when I said I had that boyfriend when I was younger?" He nodded. "He had a friend and we was joking around and I made a dope song. I never thought much about it but it's on my phone."

He smirked. "If you let me hear it, I won't ask you to sing for me." I nodded, taking it out of my back pocket. Going to my voice memos, I scrolled down a little and played one of the first ones on my phone.

Aw, baby, how you doing?
You know I'm gonna cut right to the chase, huh?
Some women were made
But me, myself?
I like to think that I was created
For a special purpose
You know?
What's more special than YOU?
You feel me?

We laughed at how stupid I sounded. "Shut up and listen since you wanted to hear it so bad." He rolled his eyes.

It's on, baby let's get lost
You don't need to call in to work 'cause you're the boss
For real, want you to show me how you feel
I consider myself lucky, that's a big deal
Why?
Well, you got the key to my heart
But you ain't gonna need it
I'd rather you open up my body
And show me secrets you didn't know was inside
No need for me to lie