18

That Night; Carter's house
Beyoncé

     "Carter, you gotta talk to me." He laid on the bed and I was on my knees beside him. "I read the note, I just wanna know how you feel."

      He didn't move a muscle. "Is it about being happy with her or her coming back." He didn't answer. I sighed and laid down in bed beside him. Putting my head on his chest, the only muscle he moved was to put his arm around me. I got comfortable and let him be until he was ready to talk to me.

•••
Next Morning

Waking up, Carter wasn't in bed. I sighed, yawning. Sitting up, I looked around his room. I got out of his bed and went downstairs to see him on a phone call. Sitting on the couch beside him, I laid on his shoulder in my sports bra and shorts.

       "Aight G, I'll call you back later." He hung up and looked at me. "You ready to talk?" He held me like a baby in his lap. I laughed a little. "I'm serious."

He pecked my lips. "I'm going to see her." I looked in his eyes. "When?"

"Today, at 3. I want you to come." I shook my head. "She wouldn't have the same conversation with your girlfriend around."

"Nah, you my cousin." I rolled my eyes. "Aight, I'll go get ready." He scrunched his eyebrows up. "You got clothes?" I nodded. "I come over here too much so I have some clothes in the guest room drawers." He nodded. "Aight."

About to get up, he pulled me back down and say me in his lap. I laughed a little. "What?" I asked. He kissed my lips. I ran my acrylic down his jaw and held his chin as he slid his tongue in my mouth. Smiling, I pulled away, tugging on his bottom lip.

"Sometimes I fall in love and I don't have control of every situation." He mocked. I rolled my eyes. "I didn't say the first part." He smirked. "Alright, you right."

     I scrunched my eyebrows up. "Did I?" He shrugged. "Ion know, go get ready." He patted my butt. I rolled my eyes, half smiling and got up.

•••

      "Where y'all meeting?" He sighed, leaning back in the seat and driving with one hand. "This brunch place over by 40." I nodded. "You nervous?"

"Hell yeah." I held his hand on my thigh. "Calm down. She just wants to talk." He shook his head. "Bey, you don't understand."

"I probably don't. But I don't want you to go in there looking soft. That makes women a lot more persuasive and we don't stop at anything once we have that power." I said.

He parked and looked at me. "And don't not say something because I'm sitting right there with you."

He turned the car off and licked his lips. "Aight, come on." I got out and he walked in behind me. I tried to grab his hand but he snatched away. I looked back at him and almost punched him. "We cousins, calm down." I nodded and looked for Blu.

Seeing the same woman I saw in the bathroom, she sat in a booth looking at the menu. She looked up and locked eyes with Carter.

Smiling, she got up and kinda ran over to him. It took all my power not to jump at her. I don't even think she noticed I was there. He hugged back a little, but he was hesitant.