15

Saturday Morning
Beyonce

      "Carter, get ya ass up and make me feel better." I mumbled, half awake. My whole body was sore. "I'm up Bey, I'ma be back wit'cha Tylenol." He sighed, getting out of bed and walking out of the room.

     A few minutes later, he came back with a glass of water and a pill. I sat up a little bit. "Here, I'm boutta make breakfast since I'm up so come down when you're ready." I nodded. "Wait, come here." He sat down on the edge of the bed beside me.

I wrapped my arms around his waist and laid my head on his back. "I need clothes." I mumbled. He got up, going in his drawers. "I don't have and bottoms you can wear."

He threw me a jersey. "You used to play?" He nodded. "Oh, take a shower with me."

He chuckled. "That's a trap." I shook my head, taking the pill. "You owe me. My body hurts like hell because of you."

He shrugged. "You asked for it. I told you, you not ready." I rolled my eyes. "Then you shouldn't have let me persuade you into doing it."

He sighed. "Just get in the shower with me Carter." He nodded. "But don't be made when you feel something poking you."

I laughed a little. "But you gotta carry me too." He smacked his teeth. "Worrisome tail." I laughed. He picked me up bridal style and blew on my stomach.

"Carter stop!" I yelled, laughing. He put my down on the sink. "I'll be back."

Leaving for a quick second, he came back with towels and washcloths. Turning the water on, he put me in there and I whined. "Forreal, my legs hurt like crap." He chuckled, getting in. "I warned you, I'm not at all sorry." I rolled my eyes. "Just help me."

•••

Walking downstairs in his jersey, I went into the kitchen. "What are you making?"

"Your favorite since I hurt you so bad." I smiled. "Fried chicken and waffles with hot sauce and syrup.." I said to myself.

I hopped up onto the island and Carter turned the stove off, walking over to me. "Carter what am I going to do with you?" I pecked his lips. "Love me."

My smile faded a little. "The food is ready, I think." He turned around to the food and I sighed. Fixing it up, he handed me a plate and I licked my lips.

"This is the most beautiful plate I've ever seen." I put it in my lap and started eating. "I gotta go out of town soon." I looked at him. "Why?"

"Business." I pouted. "How long." He sighed. "3 weeks." My stomach dropped. "Carter-"

"I know, I know. It's a long time." I put my plate down. "When do you leave?" He picked me up off of the island and put me down on the floor so that I was leaning on it.

"I leave Sunday." My eyes widened. "That's tomorrow! Why didn't you tell me sooner!" I hit his arm.

"Because I knew you'd spend every hour of the day with me until I left and I want you to have a life." I wrapped my arms around his waist and laid my head on his chest. "I don't want you to go. Where?"

"Back to Cali." I held on tighter. He kissed my forehead. "We could still talk and text."

"It's not the same. What am I supposed to do?" Hang out with Nicki, make some friends."