37

That Night
Beyoncé

     "Do that thing you was doing with Lawrence on me." I laughed, washing my face on the bathroom. "I would, but I'm sore."

      "I saw. Doing them splits and stuff." I put my washcloth on the towel rack. Walking out of the bathroom, Carter was warming up some food in the microwave from the dinner we had tonight. "You already eating again?" He shook his head. "This the pie I bought. It was cold so I put it in here for a few." I nodded as he took it out and sat on the bed. I climbed on the bed as he ate it and sat on my knees, opening my mouth.

     "What you begging for? This my damn pie. I bought it." I pouted. "Please?" He shook his head. "It's just apple pie. You'll be fine." I sighed, crossing my arms and sitting up in the bed beside him. He huffed, putting the fork full of dessert by my mouth. I smiled, opening it so he could feed it to me.

      "I love you." He scoffed. "Spoiled ass, I bet you do." I took the pie out of his hand. "You're right, I am spoiled." I fed it to him. "I don't do enough for you because I never know how to begin to thank you for everything,"

      He shrugged. "Saying you love me is enough." I smiled, shaking my head. "For you it is, but I feel like you deserve so much more."

      I fed him some more. He placed his index finger under my chin, pecking my lips. "You can think me by being happy."

     "That's all?" He nodded. "Let's me know I'm doing my job right."

     I placed the pie on the nightstand and laid in his arms. "Can we light up?" I asked. He shrugged. "What made you want to?" He asked. "It's just one of those nights. I'm happy, you're happy. I just feel like getting high with you baby."

      "You know what that's gone end with. You always want to make love after." I nodded. "Even better." I looked up and he held my butt up as he got up so that I had my legs wrapped around him.

     Next thing I know, we were on the balcony, high as fuck, doing shotguns, being stupid. But we were in love...10 times better.

•••
Next Day

     "We never did the caricature, Bey." I flat ironed my hair in the bathroom as he stood at the door. "Oh yeah, we're doing it today?" He nodded. "I told you, it's whatever you want to do until New Years."

     "I feel like you got some plotting going on for New Years." He shrugged. "I'm unpredictable."

     I turned of my flat iron, sighing. "I want to cut my hair. And I need to get it dyed again. My color is fading."

     "Don't cut it." I shrugged. "If I don't like it I'll get braids of a sew-in or something until it gets long enough for my liking," I said, walking past him and out of the bathroom. "Is that shit pullable?"

      I bit my lip. "Of course. Wouldn't have it any other way." I put a sports bra and shorts in my purse. "My pointe shoes still in the car?" I asked him. He nodded. "Yeah, you ready?"

      I nodded, leaving out of the room.

•••

"Bey, before you go in the studio." I fixed my sports bra and turned around to look at him. "Yes?"

      "I'ma be handling some things for about an hour so I should be back to watch half of your session." I nodded. "Alright." Pecking his lips, I hurried into the studio. "Mr. Rhodes."

6 InchOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara