11

Monday Afternoon
Beyoncé

My strut was back, not the innocent walk I had when I was away. The look on my face that most people would identify as a 'resting bitch face'.

I wasn't entirely happy to be back in my old apartment, Nicki interrogating me about everything that happened in Cali.

     "Ya'll ugly. How ya'll gone keep it from Kim though?" I raised my eyebrows at the name. The girl that introduced herself to me before. "What about Kim?"

     "I'm the only one that knows she with the boss from Vortex, Kanye. If she find out ya'll together then she gone tell Kanye and that shit about boss/employee gone be everywhere. Kanye don't like competitors so thatMs gone be his first threat against Jay."

      "Why haven't you told Carter?" She shrugged. "I know Jay. He's going to not want to be in a relationship with you. Not that the complicated thing you guys have now is a relationship but... You get what I'm saying?" I nodded.

     "I don't think Carter would care about business over me though." She raised her eyebrows. "Tell me, why did he end his other relationship with Blu?"

      "Because he wanted her to stop stripping so they could be together. Therefore he'd want me to stop stripping so we could be together. And if I don't stop, then there's no way he'll tolerate us because his business would be ruined..."

     She nodded. "A little more than I was saying but I think you got the just of what I'm trying to tell you."

I threw my head back. "It's always some shit!" I said, exasperated.

"I'm not going to tell him because I don't know how you'll feel about it. So I'ma let you say something if you want."

I shook my head. "I'll just have to see if Carter trusts me enough to take my word. If he does, this will be really simple.."

•••
40/40; That Night

"Carter, I need you to fire Kim." He looked up at me, leaning on his desk. "Why?" I shook my head. "Do you trust me?" He nodded. "Then fire her." He shook his head.

"I can't just fire my second best act. That's not smart, Kanye will get her." I sighed. "Then you'll have something against them, threats."

He scrunched his eyebrows together. "What's this about?" I sighed, sitting in the chair in front of his desk. "Kim dates Kanye. If Kim sees us all lovey-dovey and together, first thing she'll do is tell Kanye. Kanye's going to have that against you, taking out competitors."

He sighed. "It's 8:45, Beyonce. You should be getting ready." I scoffed, shaking my head while getting up.

I grabbed my bag and left the room. Getting dressed, I sighed, taking my heels out. I put the on and practices my routine in it quickly.

     Doing the show, it was the regular. Got on stage, made men horny, women wet. All while I was pissed.

     Carter said all that shit about proving to me that I could trust him and then he doesn't trust me enough. Especially when it's for us.

That night, I didn't even bother stopping by his room before leaving. I stopped my the bar, got my Ace/Hennessy mix, finished it and left.

Calling an Uber, they picked me up and I got home. Ignoring texts from Carter, I put my phone on silent and laid down in my bed, just thinking.