8

Wednesday Night
Beyoncé

    "Time and time I listen to you talk about Blu and your past relationship but I'm done listening, now it's my turn to talk. Not to be rude, but she's gone. I know things happened that affected you a lot, but the things you do have affected me. That night we made love all night, I was happy. For a good first time in my life, I was happy, but the next morning, you made me think I was a fuck and duck. I've never opened up that much to anyone so quickly. Never been that vulnerable. You made me feel like it was a mistake."

     "So when I told you that it seemed set up, like I was used, you said 'my bad' in the driest tone because you didn't care. Even though every time you brung up Blu, I listened."

     "I feel disrespected. All my life it's been sex and stripping because my family didn't want me. They wanted me to do better things and I wanted to dance professionally. Long story short, they disowned me, I went to an arts school, they didn't take me because I was black, next thing I know I'm stripping."

     "Had sex once, was taught that it's what you do. Happy? Sex. Mad? Sex. Sad? Sex. The one time I make love to someone, you disown me like everyone else. The one person I might love, if I'm coming straight out with it. So yes, that hurt a lot."

     "Carter, you either played me or introduced me to something better. You either hurt me or helped me. But right now, you're acting like you don't care about me."

     I broke down. For the first time in a long time, not counting the day I was with Nicki. All the feelings I was holding from my childhood to now, I just let it out. Even though I hadn't told my whole childhood story.

     He got up and embraced me. I needed some type of support system before I fell.

     I shook my head, crying onto his chest. "Carter, I just need someone." He nodded, placing his lips on the top of my head.

     "I mean, I-I know we're moving fast but I don't care. I've been my whole life with just friends. No family. Your the closest thing I have, Carter, please." That was it. I'd begged and pleaded and my wall was officially non existent to him.

     I shook my head, holding onto him like I'd die if I let go. "Bey, calm down."

He looked down at me and I looked up. Not thinking, I just did it, I smashed my lips into his and kissed him. Passionately, I felt loved for the first time in a long time.

"I don't know what I need. I'm denial. I haven't had-" he silenced me. "You need a break." I nodded. "Take me somewhere, I don't care. I just want to be away." He nodded, picking me up bridal style. "Go to sleep." He grabbed his things along with mine and still carried me to his car.

       Leaving me there for a second, he came back with Nicki and she got in the backseat with me. The last thing I remembered was him pulling off.

•••
Midnight

     "Waking up, I was lifted off the ground. Looking around, I was in a jet. "You're up?" I nodded. He put his phone down, waving me over to him. I got up and walked over to him, stumbling a bit. 

     Standing in between his legs, I looked down at him. "Where are we going?"

      "Los Angeles. Nicki packed your bags and we have everything. We've got about 2 more hours to go." I sat down on his leg. "I didn't think you'd take me somewhere this far when I said 'Take me somewhere'." He shrugged.