17

Later That Night
Beyoncé

      "Carter, I need to tell you something." He sighed. "It's 2:00 in the morning, it better be important."

       "It is." He turned the light on and I saw his face. I sat up in the bed. "Wassup?"

      "So I'm in the bathroom, right." He nodded. "At the club?"

      "Yes, so this girl comes out and she thinks she knows me from somewhere." I said. He nodded. "Can we get to the point?"

      "She said her name was Blu." His face changed. "How did she look?"

     "She had brown hair, her eyes were greenish." I bit my lip. He sighed, shaking his head. "I'll call you back Bey." He scratched the top of his head. "Alright."

      He hung up and I laid my head down on the pillow.

      If he said she died, she must not have. Either it's a scam from her or maybe her mother. Her mother didn't want them to be together... But if that is the case, would Carter go back to Blu? Or, maybe I...

      I cut myself off from my thoughts and pushed it away, trying to sleep.

•••
Next Sunday; A Week and a Half Later

      I hadn't talked to Carter since Wednesday night when I called him. I haven't talked to anyone else either, my thoughts took over my mood and all I could think about was the hell we were about to go through.

I had spoke too soon, my phone rang. I answered it quickly, sitting on the bench at Ivy.

"Hey Carter." I bit my lip, I was confused on what emotion I should have displayed at this point. "Hey Bey, I'm coming back early." A smile came over my face. "Forreal? Why?"

"Emergency happened and the rest of the business trip gone be held in probably a month." I nodded. "So when are you coming back?"

It was quiet for a second, then I felt lips kiss my neck. I cheesed and turned around. "Hey baby." I jumped over the bench and hugged him, holding him tight. "Carter, I missed you." I looked up and pecked his lips. "You got through two weeks, you're fine." I huffed a laugh.

"But we need to get to your place and talk 'cause you not calling me ain't cool." He chuckled a little. "I know. I'ma talk to you about it. How you get here?"

       "Your Maybach." I took some of his bags and walked towards it. "And I don't like you out here half naked."

      I rolled my eyes. "It's a sports bra." He shook his head. "Aight, I'll take it. Only because those workout shorts make ya butt look bigger. I ain't know it was possible..." I shook my head. "Shut up, Shawn." He shrugged, throwing his bags in the car. Getting in the passenger seat, my door stayed open as Carter stood in between my legs.

      "You don't know how much I missed you." I sat forward a little and pulled his collar down, kissing his lips. Sliding my tongue into his mouth, he easily let me in and I bit his bottom lip while his lips moved in sync with mine.

     "You know who else missed you?" He nodded as his hand went up my thigh. "Don't forget, you're still Shawn Carter. You can't do this in public."

       He smacked his teeth. "Aight.." He pulled away and I sat in my seat as he closed my door. Getting in the driver's seat, he drove to his house quicker than ever. "Damn Sonic." I said, getting out of the car. "You coming back to get your bags later."