6

Saturday
Beyoncé

     Turning the envelope around in my hand, I sat on the couch. One week of revealing my body and I have enough to pay my bills plus someone else's. It only made it better that Carter was paying for my bills.

Bey-{just got paid. Stop by so we can go out}

🍑Nicki🍑-{I'm not busy. Be there in 20.}

     Getting dressed, I ignored the 3rd call from Carter this morning. I straightened my hair and put it into a low ponytail. Putting on some skinny jeans and a shirt with my Jordans, I heard a horn honk as I was walking to the door. My phone rang as I got in the car.

     "Who's that?" I shook my head. "Nobody." She squinted her eyes at me and took my phone. "So ya'll ain't got a relationship but his name in ya phone got lipstick emoji's?" I smirked, rolling my eyes.

     "It's complicated Nic." She shrugged, answering it. "Complicated my ass." Handing it to me, I sighed.

"Hello?"

"Hey Bey."

"Look, you been calling me non stop since this morning and all you gone say is 'hey'?"

"I wanted to see if you wanted to go out to dinner tonight."

     Nicki nodded her head at me and I smacked my teeth.

"Fine, what time?"

"8?" I looked at Nicki and hit her arm. "Yes, that's fine." I said through my teeth. "Aight, I'll be over then." I just hung up.

"You know what, we can't be friends if you pull shit like this again." I said. She laughed. "Hoe, how many other friends you got." I rolled my eyes. "Shut up."

"That's what I thought." I shook my head. "Where we going?" I shrugged. "You know your way around New York. I don't."

     She nodded. "Okay."

•••

"Ooh, Bey. You should wear this!" I rolled my eyes. "Wear it where." She picked the dress up. "Jay's taking you to dinner and this is what you're going to wear."

I scoffed. "I'm not buying it." She shrugged. "I will." She took it up to the register. "Nicki stop!" I whined. "Nope, you're going. And be on your best behavior."

"You can't tell me what to do." She gave me a look. "I'm from Queens hun, known how to knock you out at 2 years old, don't try me."

"And I'm from Houston, enough said, let's go then." I said.

"Ladies, I'm gonna have to ask you to exit if you're gonna fight." The cashier said. I looked at her. "Look, snowflake, we just playing." Nicki said. I tried not to laugh at 'snowflake'. Giving us the dress, we walked out and I hit Nicki's back.

"Racist tail." She shrugged. "I'm not racist, I just say what I think. I thought she looked like a snowflake, so I called her a snowflake. Simple."

I was about to say something when a guy walked up to us. He was so ugly that it was very sexy. He had a friend with him. "Hey shorty, I been working on this line, lemme try it out." He said to Nicki.

She smirked. "Aight." Flipping her hair, she paid her full attention to him. "You remind me of the 20 letters of the alphabet." I scrunched my face up. "Um, there are 26.."