40

Beyoncé
January 5th

      "I'm finally moved in." I said, jumping on our bed. "You got way too much stuff. Took us 3 days to get your stuff in." He said.

      "Because we've been at 40 and handling other business while doing it." He nodded. "So, what now? It's a Saturday so we don't have to go to 40. Well, I don't."

"We riding pass the studio so you can record something. I know you got something you want to sing in that big book of songs." I nodded. "Just wrote something yesterday."

      "Aight, we'll unpack the stuff we got later. Get up." I sighed, getting off the bed.

•••

     "Boy you'll be the death of me
You're my James Dean
You make me feel like I'm seventeen
You drive too fast, you smoke too much
But that don't mean a thing
'cause i'm addicted to the rush

'Cause I rather die young
Than live my life without you
I rather not live at all
Than live my life without you

You know i've been in love before
You're the first one ever seen
That burns like gasoline
So light a match, turn off the lights
I'm holding on to you
'cause this might be a last night, oh

'Cause I rather die young

Than live my life without you
I rather not live at all
Than live my life without you

What i'm telling you
I'm giving you my life, it's in your hands
And what i'm gonna do
Is be a woman and you can be a man
And I wanna say
Nobody understands what we've been through
I rather give up everything
Than to live my life without you..."

      I sang in the booth. I stopped. "Baby, can you play that back please?" We've been working on this song for about an hour. "What you don't like about that one?" I shrugged. "The ending. It's not right. I need something to finish it." He nodded and played it back for me.

      "Maybe I should sing the chorus again and end it with runs. I just don't want to end it at the climax of the best with the rest left as a long ass instrumental." He smiled, nodding. "What?"

       "You were cut out to be a businesswoman." I laughed a little. "I just know what I hear." He shook his head. "Nah, I see it. You got potential. Don't need no manager."

      "I can handle myself." He smirked, playing the track as I started singing the end.

       "Can we take a break?" I asked as we finished up. "Why do we need to?"

     "Because I'm a hungry ass nigga! I noticed when you work you don't stop till your satisfied." I shrugged. "How about you get some food and I'll work on the song." He nodded. "I'm going to Chick Fil A. Text me what you want." I nodded, coming out of the booth. "Okay. I pecked his lips before he left.

Not too much longer, the door opened again. "Oh, my bad. Hey, do you know where- don't you work at 40?" I looked up. "Um, kind of."

He smiled, walking it. "Sorry, but I kinda want to be left alone Mr. Kanye." He smirked. "You sure? I don't know what a pretty lady like you is doing alone in here?"