32

Next Morning
Beyoncé

     "No, we're not having morning sex again. We have to be at your moms house in an hour." I said, curling my hair. He wrapped his arms around my waist. "I know. Why can't I just kiss my girl without it leading to that."

"Because I know us." He shrugged. "Accurate enough." I nodded, putting the curling iron down to make another part in my hair. "Go get dressed before we're late." I said. He turned me around and kissed my lips before leaving out of the bathroom.

"This look good?" He asked me after getting dressed. I finished curling apart of my hair and looked. "Yeah, take the bandana off, thuggin ass." He laughed. "I won't gone wear it anyway."

"You almost done with your hair?" He asked. I shrugged. "15 minutes." He nodded, putting his Timbs on. "You still got your FireStick hooked up on the tv?" I asked. "Yeah, why?" I licked my lips. "I wanna watch something later on tonight when we come back from the pool."

"Aight." 20 minutes passed and I was finished with my hair. Throwing the hat on that I packed, I stood in front of Carter. "I look fine?" He nodded. "You look beautiful, but you don't think your legs are going to be cold?" I shook my head. "I'll deal with it when we're outside but we'll be inside majority of the time today." He nodded. "Okay, you ready?" I nodded.

Getting up, he turned the tv off and I grabbed the keys.

•••

"Hey Bey, brother." Michelle said as we walked in. "Hey, where's Mama Gloria?" I asked. "Upstairs in her room. Andrea and Eric went out to handle some things." I nodddd. Going upstairs, I went into her room. "He's here." I walked to her bathroom in her room. "Oh, okay. Give me a second honey."

    She looked at me. "I love your hair." I smiled. "Thank you." I heard footsteps coming into her room. I looked back at Michelle. "Ma, is the cake in the garage fridge?" She put her lipstick down, nodding. "Yeah, but don't take it out right now. You remember what we're doing."

     She nodded. "I was just making sure. He's downstairs watching tv."

     "So I'm "going on a quick run" the whole time, right?" They nodded. "Mhm. He'll know somethings up if you forget too."

     I put my hands on my hips. "Ma, it's not that serious, just come on." Michelle said. She shooed her away. "I'm a grown ass woman, I'll do what the hell I want to." She said, walking out of the bathroom. "Alright, I'll go down first and don't forget to text me when Eric and Andrea get here with everyone else."

     Michelle nodded as I walked out of the room. "Baby, your mom needs me to get something. I'll be right back." He nodded. "Alright."

Going outside, I sat in the car as Andrea came to it and sat with me. "Everyone's coming at 12:00 still right?" I asked. She nodded. "Yeah, Eric's picking up someone. That's why I'm in here." I nodded, sitting back. "You nervous?" I shook my head and she scoffed. "Liar. Look, if Michelle likes you, you're fine. Everyone else is pretty welcoming."

I sighed, tapping my acrylics on the steering wheel. "I feel bad." I said. "Why?"

"He's gonna be mad for a minute when he realizes they "forgot his birthday"." She shook her head. "He'll get over it when everyone comes in the house yelling surprise."

About 30 minutes later, Eric texted Andrea. "What he say?"

"I need to text Michelle and tell her to take Shawn in the kitchen so he doesn't see anyone outside of the window." I nodded as I got a text from Michelle.