30

December 1st
Beyoncé

"3 more days baby." I pecked his lips, walking towards the bathroom. "You been counting down since Thanksgiving." He said, fixing his collar. "I know." I put on my lipstick.

"Can't believe it's been 5 years since it opened up." He said. I smiled. "That's all you baby."

I slid my ring on and heard my phone ring. "Baby can you answer that?" He nodded, going to get it out of my bedroom. "Hello?" I heard him say. Coming into the bathroom, he gave me the phone. "It's Ashley."

I nodded, holding the phone between my ear and shoulder. "Hey babes. Wassup?"

"Nothing. What party you going to tonight cause I heard nothing about it." I licked my lips. "5th anniversary party of 40/40." I stared at myself in the mirror as I talked to her. "Oh, word. I'm invited?"

"Of course." Carter came in and fixed himself up. "Well, I guess I'll be there with Marcus soon."

     "Alright, I'll see you there." I said. She hung up and I looked at Carter. "Don't button your jacket up, makes you look old. It's only been 5 years." He chuckled as I unbuttoned it for him.

     Getting in the car, he made his way to 40, being bombarded my press and fans on the way in. Parking his car in the lot, he looked at me. "I'ma come open your door and I want you to stay close to me the whole time, aight?" I nodded.

       He got out the car and came to my door like he said to get me out. Closing and locking his door, he held his arm tight around me as we walked through the crowd of people waiting just for Carter.

     We got into the building and I thought it'd be better, but there were still a lot of people in there, dying to see Carter. Being escorted to the balcony area, the Dj made Carter's appearance very known.

      "Damn, how can you deal with this all the time?" He shrugged. "I have connects, I keep it from happening so much. But events like this..."

I nodded. I pulled out my phone, texting Ashley.

Bey-{Press is heavy so come thru the back and to the balcony}

💎Ash💎-{K. I'm boutta pull up now}

     Putting my phone in my back pocket, I stood up. I'ma go talk to Nicki and get a drink. You want something?"

     He nodded, telling me what to get him. Walking down the steps, I eventually made my way to the bar... Having to curse some people out on the way.

     "Nicki Nic!" I yelled. She was making a drink. "Let me get this girl her drink and I'll be right there Bey." She said back. I leaned on the counter, waiting for her to come back. Strutting over to me, she tapped her acrylics on the table. "Wassup?"

     "Ashley coming up to the balcony, I'm sure Carter won't mind if you come." She scoffed. "Shit, I'm coming! I been here since 4:00 and its already 10:00. People been coming with complicated ass drinks and what not."

     "Alright, then come on. But make me and Carter's usual drinks first." I said. She rolled her eyes. "Can you get someone else to do it?"

     "You know you the only one that does it right." I tilted my head. She sighed, making our drinks.

     Making our way back to the balcony, I saw Robyn sitting next to Carter, talking. "Oooooh..." Nicki said, sitting next to Ashley. Ashley sipped her drink, looking up at me.

      "Excuse me, that's my seat." She looked at Carter. "What? That's her seat." He said. She scoffed, rolling her eyes. "I can't believe this shit." I shook my head. "You know what... I don't even want to deal with it tonight." I sat on Carter's lap. "You fine with me sitting here?" He nodded. "You know you always welcomed right here." I laughed.