13

Sunday Morning
Beyoncé

     "Oh shit!" Nicki yelled. I woke up. "What? What happened?" She groaned. "My head hurts like shit!" I laughed a little. "I had one more shot." I mocked. She scrunched her face up. "What?"

     "That's what you said after I pulled you out of there." She shook her head, getting up and immediately falling to the ground. "Damn, did I have sex?"

      "You know what, you ran away so many times when we were there that I can't even tell you a 100% no." She shrugged, standing up. "Get me one, while you're at it." She nodded, holding her head.

      Laying back down, I got on my phone. I had a few missed calls from Carter and a message from him.

💋Carter💋-{Wya? You okay?}

Bey-{I'm okay babe. I was at Peabody's with Nicki last night}

     She came back with water and a Tylenol. I sat up. "Thanks."

     "Whatever." She laid back in bed. "So how's you and Meek?" I grabbed my phone, texting Carter as I talked.

     "We're doing good. You have to meet him sometime." I nodded. "That's wassup. Ya'll serious?" She shook her head. "Not right now at least, but he support me financially so the nigga can be whatever he want to me!"

      I shook my head. "Damn shame." She laughed. "Don't be mad cause my baby loves me!" She said.

     I shrugged. She grabbed my phone. "Oh my lord, can you take five minutes without talking about or contacting Carter. Please?!" I shook my head. "Don't be mad cause my baby loves me!" I repeated.

     "Ya'll doing fine now?" I nodded. "Ya'll better be cause both of ya'll get on my last nerves with this relationship thing."

     I laughed. "You he one that wanted us together so I don't want to hear it."

       She rolled her eyes, folding her lips in. "I'ma go take a shower. You could do whatever. I put your suitcase in my closet."

      I nodded, grabbing my phone back from her. "Surprised there are no nudes sent to him!" She yelled, going into the bathroom. "Don't worry! I deleted them all from the conversation." I laughed. "Ewww! Ya'll nasty!" I shook my head.

      "Ain't nobody sending nudes. Carry yo ass on..."

•••

Walking down to Starbucks from Ivy Park, my run, I opened the door and walked in, inhaling the scent of coffee beans.

"What would you like to order today ma'am?" I licked my lips. "Just a regular Vinti mocha latte." I pulled a few dollars out of my sports bra and handed it to her. Waiting in line, I got my coffee and walked out.

I called Nicki. "Yo." She answered. "Where you at?"

     "Still at home. Meek just left." I nodded. "You wanna come pick me up?" She smacked her teeth. "Worrisome, I have to?"

      "Yeah, it was rhetorical. I'm at Ivy Park." I said, walking back to the park. "Aight, I'll be there in 10."

    I nodded, hanging up. "Hey Bey!" I turned around seeing a light skinned girl calling me. I scrunched my face up. "Um, I don't know you."

      "Yeah you do! We went to high school together! It's Ryan!" I shook my head. "Nice catching up with you, then."

"No wait, let me get your number so we can catch up." I sighed. "I'm fine."