28

Beyoncé

      "How do I look?" I asked Carter. He came up behind me, sliding his hands my outfit. "You look beautiful. Can't wait to see what you're wearing tomorrow." I turned around pecking his lips. "Nothing like this. I'm only dressed up a little because I'm meeting them."

     I walked away from him, putting on my wedges, I sighed. "Baby, stop stressing." I shook my head. "I've never been in this situation before." He held my hand and we walked out the door.

     "Are we going to 40 tomorrow night? He shook his head. "Closed on Thanksgiving." I nodded.

     Getting in the car, Carter drove off to his mom's house. "If she lives in Brooklyn how come you don't go see her as much." He shrugged. "I be busy. When I'm not working or with you I stop by though."

     I nodded my head back and bit my lip. Thinking about everything that could go wrong, I shook my leg. Carter rubbed his hand up and down my thigh and I closed my eyes. "You got any siblings?" He nodded. "Two sisters and a brother." I threw my head back.

      "The only one you'll have to worry about is my older sister. She gone interrogate you but you can take it." I nodded as he pulled up to a beautiful house. "This is where she lives?" He smacked his teeth. "Nah, we just at a stop sign." He said, sarcastically.

      I smacked his head. "Don't get smart." He laughed, mushing my head and getting out of the car. Coming to open my door, I got out and he leaned me against the car. "Act like yourself Bey. Don't put that little guard up, you got me?" I nodded.

     Kissing my forehead, I huffed. "I love you." I smiled. "I love you too." Grabbing my hand, we walked up to the door and he opened it with his key. Going in, my nostrils immediately engaged in the smell of delicious food.

      Hearing footsteps come downstairs, I looked at a woman who looked about my age. "Andrea, this is Beyonce." She smiled and came over to hug me. "You better be luck you met the nice sibling first. Michelle is on her way here."

     I forced myself to laugh a little and she hugged Carter. "Hey Shawn." She kissed his cheek and walked off. Walking me to the living room, there was a man and a lady that I guessed was his mother.

     "Wassup Eric, Ma. This is Beyonce." She looked up and smiled. Eric just waved, fixing something in the tv. "Is this the beautiful lady you always talking about?"

I blushed as she walked over to me. "Thank you, Mrs. Carter." She pulled me into a hug and kisses my cheek. "Call me Mama."

I didn't have to force myself to smile then. "I know Michelle gone come in here and ask you 10 million questions, but I only got one."

"Ma." Carter warned. "Who you raising your voice at? I'm still yo mama boy!" She smacked his head. I laughed. "Back to my question after Baloo interrupted us." I was weak at this point.

"Do you love my son?" I got serious. "I'm absolutely in love with Shawn." I answered truthfully. "You wouldn't understand half the things we've gotten through together." She smiled. "Okay honey, that's all." Walking away, Carter turned me around to me.

"Was that so hard?" I shook my head and he kissed my forehead before pecking my lips. "Shawn, I need to set the table so I don't have to do it tomorrow and I can focus on the food."

      "I don't see Eric doing anything." She looked at him. "Football game comes on tomorrow and DirecTv is fucking with my cable."

     Carter shook his head. "Mind ya damn business, that's all. Just mind ya damn business." Eric said. I laughed a little and Andrea came and grabbed my hand. "We can go get stuff from the attic." She pulled me away and I giggled, trying to match her pace.