14

Friday Morning

     Getting out of the shower, Nicki walked back into the room. "You done in there?" I nodded, grabbing some clothes out of my suitcase.

     As she went in, I put my clothes on and laid on her bed. My phone vibrated and I picked it up.

      "Hello?" I answered. "Hey Bey, you up and ready or still in bed?" I shook my head. "I'm up, why?"

"Send me Nicki's address. I'ma come pick you up." I sighed. "Carter, I'm tired. I was about to take a nap."

"Aight, take a nap. I'll be there in an hour." I nodded. "Okay." Hanging up, Nicki came out the bathroom. "Meek is about to take me somewhere, so the spare key is under the rock closest to the door so you can lock up." I nodded.

"Alright, I'm taking a nap. I probably won't be here tonight, depending on how today goes." I said, laying down. "K, bye." I said, sighing. Hearing the door close downstairs, I closed my eyes and went to sleep.

•••

Putting the key back, I walked to Carter's car with my bag in hand. Getting in the car, I closed the door and threw my back in the backseat. Leaning over, I pecked Carter's lips and his hand went to my thigh. "Hey BB." I rolled my eyes.

"No, Carter," I laughed, "and thanks for reminding me. I don't like Queen Bey."

"You want it to be BB or sum?" I nodded. "Sure." He licked his lips. "Aight."

"You not gone be mad at other people calling me BB, are you. Cause you be real jealous sometimes." He chuckled. "Nah, BB stand for 'sum else with me." I smirked. "What?"

"Big Booty." I laughed. "Perv. Why you look so much?" He shrugged. "Cause it's there. You had everybody else looking at it Monday.."

I smacked my teeth. "Get over it, Lord Jesus." He shrugged. "I'm over it. Just thought I should throw it out there." I shook my head.

"So what are we doing today?" I turned to him in my seat. "Right now we're going to get something to eat because I know you're hungry. Then we're going to the movies because we won't have time to do it later because you gotta perform."

I nodded, picking at my fingernails. "So then we go to the game, then 40, then home?" He nodded. "Yeah, that sounds right."

Getting to The Cracked Egg, we got our seats and looked at the menu. "So how's Ryan?" He asked. I told him about her that night she texted me because it was weird. "She hasn't texted me at all since then."

      "Did you say anything?" I shook my head. "Did you ever ask Nicki if she knows Ryan?" I shook my head. "She would have told me someone asked for my number. I know Nicki, she wouldn't just give it out like that."

     The waiter coming over, we ordered our food and he took our menus. "So you know what's coming up..." I said, folding my lips in and looking out the window. "Fall?" I looked at him. "What? Did I miss 'sum?" I smacked my teeth. "You know what, forget it."

      He chuckled. "I'm playing Beyonce. Calm down. Your birthday." I smiled, grabbing his hand over the table. "What are we doing that day?" He shrugged. "It's a surprise." I rolled my eyes. "What about after?" I raised my eyebrow.