3

Beyoncé

Walking to Rita's that was down the street from my apartment, I walked in and up to the register, already knowing what I wanted.

After she gave it to me, I sat down at the table and started eating. I would be to myself all day, seeing as though it was Saturday and I didn't have to work.

     The door opened and I looked up. Pushing my hair behind my shoulder, I watched as a light skinned guy walked up to the register.

     Looking back at me for a quick second, he smirked and I licked my lips, putting my head down.

     A few minutes later, a chair was pulled in front of me as I was enjoying my Rita's. "You looked real interested in me when I walked in."

     I raised my eyebrows. "Who said I was?" He leaned over. "Your eyes." I shifted in my seat, crossing one leg over the other. "Listen, playboy. I don't have time to play games with you. You like what you see, or what?" He bit his bottom lip.

     "I'm not here for that." I sighed, rolling my eyes. I picked up my phone and unlocked it, texting Kelly. He snatched my phone and typed something in it. "My number is in here now. Don't be afraid to text babygirl." He winked and got up, leaving.

Looking at my phone, I found out his name from what he typed. Christian

I smirked, getting up out of my seat. Walking back home, I went into my apartment and turned the tv I'd bought yesterday on. I also bought a FireStick that I was watching movies on all night.

Playing around on it, I got bored. Then I got a phone call. Quickly answering it, I put it up to my ear.

"Who's this?" I asked. The person and the end of the line shuffled. "Carter, uh.. I know it's short notice but do you think you could make it to 40 tonight? Somebody called out."

I sighed. "Thought you said only Monday through Friday."

"I'm just asking for a favor." I looked at the time and bit my lip. "When, Carter?"

"9:00." I pulled my legs up to my chest. "Alright, I'll be there." I could feel him smiling. "Thanks, bye." I chuckled a little. "Bye."

     Putting my phone down, I began to watch more movies until 8:00.

•••

     Walking into the club, I fixed my bag on my shoulder. I went straight to Carter's office, letting him know I was here.

     Knocking on his door, he opened and I walked in. "Beyonce, I knew it was short notice, but thanks for com-"

     "Cut the crap, what's this really about." He raised his eyebrow as I sat in a chair in front of his desk. He sat at his desk and leaned forward onto it.

     "What do you mean, I just want you to dance." I rolled my eyes. "New girl dances once and the next day the boss finds her number and calls her to ask her to dance again. First of all, when you get my number?"

"Nicki. I saw you with her yesterday-"

"So you got my number from her yesterday. Before you even thought about calling me today."

     He sat back, amazed that I was interrogating him.

"Second of all," I continued, "you let me call you Carter. Why is that, Carter?"