38

Lunch
Beyoncé

       "Damn, this food is good!" I dragged out the last word. Carter laughed at me. "I think it's one of these in New York." I nodded. "We gotta go there. Seriously." I took one last bite before packing my food up. "You wanna go to the dance studio today?" I nodded.

     "I've never let anyone stop me from doing what I love." We left the restaurant and I got in the car. "Baby please tell me what's happening on New Years."

     "We're just going to the Eiffel Tower." I raised my eyebrows. "That's it?" He nodded. "That's all. You always so nosey and ain't nothing going on." I put my head down, playing with my nails.

      Getting to the building, I got out, leaving Carter in the car.

Shawn

       I chuckled at Bey in her feelings. Grabbing my phone, I called Ashley and put it on speaker phone.

     "Hello?" She answered. "Wassup, y'all here yet?" She sighed. "Yeah. Why you call?"

     "To make sure y'all was here, obviously. Bey got an attitude." She smacked her teeth. "What you do to her now?"

     "She got mad because I told her that there was a surprise on New Years and she asked me again today and I told her I was playing."

      "So why she mad?" I sat back, putting my arm on the arm rest. "You know Bey, she soft on the inside. She want it to be special."

     "Well, long as you don't get her super pissed, you're fine. Just make sure you get her to the Tower." I nodded as if she could see me. "Aight. Tell everybody to stay close to and in  the hotel."

Okay, bye." She hung up quick and I shook my head. Putting my phone in my back pocket, I turned the car off and started walking to the building. "Fuck, Marcus! Right there baby...."

My eyes widened. Taking my phone out my back pocket, she forgot to hang up. Doing it quickly, I walked into the studio. I went to my usual seat by the studio window where I could see her.

Beyoncé

"Passé for me." I did as told and he shook his head. "Hip turned out. Come on Beyonce, these are things we learned the first day. I know you didn't forget."

New Years was heavily on my mind. I tried to shake it off and try it again. "Passé on full point this time." I nodded, pliéing before pushing myself on pointe.

"Yes, yes! Better!" He clapped twice. I did the original small routine we were doing and I passé'd on full point, closing in fifth position. Then I Possè'd with the other leg at my knee, closing in fifth on the other side.

"Now do the full combination from the farthest side of the studio." I sighed, walking over to the wall. "5,6,7,8. Soutenu, soutenu, sashay, step, grande jeté..." He called the moves as I did them.

Finishing up for the day, I grabbed my bags and walked out of the door. Not even hesitating to leave him without saying a word. Everybody was pissing me off lately.

"You ready?" I nodded. Going to the car, I got in and Carter got in the driver's seat. Looking over at me, he nudged my arm. "What you mad for?" I shrugged. "I'm not mad." He rolled his eyes. "Okay, then why do you have an attitude?"

I shrugged, sighing. "I don't know Carter." He grabbed my chin and turned my head towards him so I'd look him in the face. "Tell me." I bit my lip. "I wanted more for New Years."

     "What you mean?" I sat back in my seat. "You always make everything so special on a regular so I thought New Years would be the same but I guess I'm just being selfish."