Chapter 12: Fairly there

You ever get that feeling. You know the feeling. Missing someone so much. Dragging your body over to the bookshelf to retrieve your photo album. All the photos you remember and smile so shyly at the pages you been with the one you miss. It's almost surreal... Seeing your own face plastered on a piece of glossy paper, torn up from all the fingers that have held it. A moment captured in time.

The book itself was at least 6 inches thick with too many pages to count. All I know is that this album was my life. Over 15 years of moments in time. Some so beautiful that you want to leap right in.

'That was then, this is now' I reminded myself taking in the photo of all of us at Disney. Seemed so long ago, but was only four years ago.

"Tess?" My mother walked through my door into my room.

I didn't speak, just acknowledged her presence.

"How you feeling?" She sat on my bed for my floor was coated in old photos and small items that I remembered.

"Fine." I spoke, almost inaudible.

"Some of your friends are here." She nodded to the door. "I didn't want to ask you but..."

I suck down the lump in my throat that appeared after she said those words.

"Have you told them yet? I know you have only known them for a year. And it took you a while to finally tell Nicole but..." She didn't need to finish.

I gather up the photos from the floor and stuff the ones that need to back inside the photo albums. The nick-nacks back on the shelf, and the photo albums in the bookcase I got earlier that day.

"Thanks for the bookshelf by the way." My voice stays low.

"No problem Sweetie." My mother smiled with her teeth and gets up to leave. She places and arm on the door and stops hesitantly. "Oh and Tess?"

The last book finds its way into the shelf and I look up at my mom. "Yes mom?" I sigh with a soft smile.

"You got to believe!" My eyes widen as she literally dances down the hallway singing at the top of her lungs. She sucks and I laugh at her bad singing.

"I try!" I yell down the hallway as her heels click on the wooden floors in bad rhythm.

Before leaving the room, I change out of my fluffy white pajama pants and tank top. With a navy blue tank and grey shorts with a white belt. Pulling my hair up in a ballet bun and a white bow with it, I spray myself with what ever perfume lie on my vanity and make hast down satires.

~

"Hey Tess." Harahi huggedme when I entered the kitchen.

"Sup?" I grabbed a drink from the fridge.

"Nothing much. How are you?" She smiled while playing with her hands.

"Good. You seem awfully chipper today?" I shook the juice in its container before opening it.

"I guess." She twirled her bracelet in her palms.

I took a swig of my juice before I stepped into the living room. Kyoya, Tamaki, Hikaru, Kaoru, an Financier stood in the room.

My breath hicks back in when I see Fin. His hair is messy but the good kind, and he is in a white v neck. I practically have to stop myself from drooling on the hard wood, he looks too fine.

"How's it going Blondie?" Fin set himself in the armchair.

"Fine, so fine..." I gawk at him.

He gives me a quick wink and I notice the twins glare at him. I can't help it!