Chapter 48: Once Again

It was a question I assumed wasn't as fit as I thought to ask. It hung in the air. As noticeable and thick as the elephant in the room- or car.

"Well... Are you?" He hadn't responded. Just a blank stare that said nothing.

Hikaru opened his mouth, just to have it close it after a few moments of breath. "I.. I don't really know why you are asking me this."

"You're dodging the question." I glanced over to the driver's point of view of the road. We were nearly to there to his home.

His hand on my thigh rubbed gently as if to jog his memory. "I guess.." He scoffed.

I placed my hand over his. Hikaru's eye shot to mine as soon as we touch. Like I was going to cut off the very finger that dared to touch me.

"You're lying." He nibbled his bottom lip.

"Well what can I say? I'm not in the best of moods. And seeing you cry hasn't been the greatest thing." Wasn't sure if I should had taken offense to that.

The car slowed to a halt and we had arrived to his home. I opened the car door and got a sideways glance from both Hikaru and the driver. I wasn't royalty, I could lift a finger on my own.

When we got inside I made my way up to his room without a second thought. Giving me a chuckle from Hikaru as I made my way up the stairs.

"What?" I turned around after I got to the top of the stairs.

"You just make yourself at home, don't you?" Again, is this a compliment or not?

"Are you being sarcastic?" I finally asked.

He shook his head once we made it to his room. "No, I love that about you."

A flutter erupted in my stomach and I shifted my feet. My palms were already getting sweaty and I'm certain my face was the color of flames. Oh god.

I plopped myself on his bed and wait for him to say something.

"So can I ask what happened?"

"I got strawberries dumped on me. Speaking of which, can I use your shower?" My question was too casual.

Hikaru's face burned. "Ugh... Umm come again?"

"Can I use your shower? I kinda smell like strawberries and my hair is just... No." I felt my messy bun that sat on the top of my head.

The boy looked around the room nervously. "Ugh, yeah... S-sure. If you want..?" He shrugged.

Was this question really that awkward or...?

I couldn't help but snicker. "That's kinda why I asked."

I pulled away from the room and into the bathroom right off of it. Closing the door I pulled off my clothes and hopped in the shower. Pulling my hair out of it's messy state I let the water pour down it. A mixture of strawberries and water sat at the bottom of the shower. It looked like a blood bath. (Drum solo in the background) Oh puns!

After washing my hair twice with shampoo and conditioner, I lathers up on soap and body wash. Vanilla, really? Did Hikaru use women scented body wash? Did men even use body wash? Or was it called something else? Man wash?!?

Whatever the reason, I smelt like strawberry ice cream. I believe the strawberries seeped into my skin and forced me to smell like strawberries for the next week. I wasn't really complaining.

Once my half an hour shower was over I pulled on a towel after I dried myself and opened the door. Hikaru was sitting on his bed with his phone in his hands paying no mind to the fact I had just entered the room.

"Hey do you have a change of clothes? I don't really want to put that stuff back on. It still smells like strawberries."

By this time I'm sure my seance of smell was deleted from the over exposure to the smell of those damn strawberries. I could eat a melon and I would still think it smelled like strawberries.

Hikaru looked up from his phone to me. My eye sight was pretty bad for the distance we had from us. So I wasn't sure what his expression was.

"Mmm... Y-yeah? I think so." He dropped his phone and walked over to me. I could finally see his face. He was all red and flustered and I was enjoying every minute of it.

"Like pajamas or.."

"Anything really. Pajamas are fine."

He padded over to his dresser and pulled out sweatpants and a t-shirt. Great, I had to put back on my bra an underwear. See if I was at a girls house I would probably sit in my towel until I like... Fell asleep and then I wouldn't even care.

"Kay thanks." I snatched the clothes from his hands and hustled over to the steamy bathroom again. I changed and back I came into the room.

"Umm so where do you want these?" I held up my dress.

"I'll put them in the washer for you." He folded them and placed them on the desk.

The silence was killing me. We were barley talking and when we did it felt like my face was on flames. Every time I looked up at him I would blush. Wait, was I spending the night!?!