Bronn X Reader - Home and Away

It was not common for you and your husband to be apart for long periods of time. You often travelled with him when he went to battle, remaining in his tent where no one could hurt you. But after the arrival of your first child, a beautiful little girl, he had refused to allow you to continue following him to war. The idea of staying at home alone was terrifying to you, no one would be there to care for you or protect you. And raising a child alone would be far more difficult than you could ever imagine. Yet he would not listen to your pleading as you begged to come with him.

"I have told you before, darling, if anything were to happen to Lysa I would never forgive myself, so you will both stay here," he told you kissing you forehead as he came to pull you into a tight embrace.

"It's not fair, we could just as easily get hurt here, it's just that this way I have to miss you for a month," you told him as you played with one of the buttons on the leather tunic he wore. He huffed, knowing that argument was nowhere near done.

"You won't get hurt here because I will teach you to use a sword before I go, as promised, and I will get you your own as my leaving gift to you," he told you and you scoffed.

"One moment you tell me there is nothing to worry about and that it's safer here and the next I must learn to wield a sword?" you asked raising your eyebrows in disbelief. "I can't believe you want to leave me here with a baby, it will be so lonely," you added with a huff.

"Lonely but safe," he told you, his hand coming up to caress your cheek lightly, "it is the only way my love, you can't keep coming with me and putting yourself in danger." You gave a short haughty laugh, shaking your head. "I mean it, Y/N. If you or Lysa were hurt it would kill me, it was fine when we were young and stupid, but we have to be smart for her sake," he told you with a more serious tone.

"I love you" you whispered , finally giving in and pressing your tear stained face into his chest as he held you tightly, "and if you get yourself killed out there, all alone, I will never forgive you," you added making him chuckle as he kissed the top of your head.

Please consider supporting me for just £3 using Ko-Fi. The link is available on my profile page. If you have any questions about Ko-Fi please feel free to private message me. Thank you. L x