Oberyn Martell X Glover!Reader - Winner (Requested)

Tourneys were, to you, one of the most boring things to watch. Seeing men fighting one another in order to win money they didn't really need seemed petty when you saw the suffering that so many of the common people went through. But still you were there, watching your older brother as a squire for Brandon Stark despite knowing he would likely be too busy to even see you. He was much more of a lover than a fighter, and tended to join the Starks just to prove that your family still existed in the far north.

You often found yourself sitting beside Lyanna Stark, listening to her talk rather than watching the fighting. You had always gotten along fabulously, both being very out-spoken and hot-headed; her brother's found it amusing to see you speaking with one another, both gesturing wildly as you spoke about one topic or another. This evening, however, you found the two of you sitting quite quietly in the crowd, watching as Rhaegar Targaryen came out into the middle of the circle of seats, smiling in Lyanna's direction when he caught her eyes. She released a soft chuckle, grinning to herself.

"Lyanna, he's a married man," you chided and she gave a small shrug causing you to chuckle at her. She had always found the young Targaryen attractive and she been quite vocal about it with you, though she would never want her brothers to know.

"Y/N," she gasped to get your attention as she shook your arm in excitement, and you quickly turned to look at the man she was staring at as he strolled into the arena. "That's Prince Oberyn," she told you as she gripped your hand. "He's Rhaegar's good brother," she added and you chuckled at her until he looked at the two of you, his smile causing you to turn bright red in the face as you grinned back.

"Elia's brother?" you questioned and Lyanna nodded at you. "The Gods have been very good to that man," you muttered to her, causing her to burst into a fit of giggles at your comment. After a while the fighting started and you watched eagerly as Oberyn and Rhaegar swiped at one another. Whilst you were sitting quietly, you felt a tap on your shoulder, turning to find Elia standing beside you, and you both shuffled over so that she could join you on the wooden bench.

"Who are you rooting for? Your husband or your brother?" Lyanna asked as she lent forward to speak around you, your eyes still trained firmly on Oberyn.

"My husband is a much worse loser," she told you both, and rolling her eyes. It was well known by now that Rhaegar didn't take too well to losing, and from the sounds of it, Oberyn wasn't overly bothered by it. You both let out a little chuckle at her comment until you heard a crash from the fighting, and all three of your heads shot to see what had happened.

Rhaegar was lying on his back on the ground with Oberyn towering over him, his hand stretched out to help the angry man back off of the floor. He was a good winner, it would seem.

"Who do you think he'll give the crown to?" Lyanna questioned as she smoothed out her long dark hair and you chuckled at her as you shook your head in disbelief. There was no arguing that the girl was stunning and deserved to win, but you were sure that the crown would go to Lord Whent's daughter in thanks for holding the Tourney.

"I think I know who he'll choose," Elia grinned as she spoke watching as your brother looked in the direction of the three of you whilst you spoke. "He's had his eyes on someone all week," she chuckled at the two of your shocked faces.

"Who is it?" Lyanna exclaimed, moving forward in her seat to look over at Elia who was now staying silent as she smirked at Lyanna, watching you shake your head at her. "Elia, please tell us," she cried out and you started to chuckle at her pleading.

"It's a secret, you won't have to wait that long to find out anyway," she told you both as she shook her head as if she were scolding her two misbehaving children, rather than her two northern friends.