Loras Tyrell X Reader - Suggestion (Requested)

"Why am I marrying a (Surname)? I should be marrying a Lannister or a Stark woman, someone of our own stature, not some unknown girl," Loras spoke to his father, unaware of yourself and your Mother standing in the doorway.

"Her family has done a lot for ours, Loras, and we owe her late father this at least," he paused as his son huffed in annoyance. "She is rumoured to be very beautiful, though I haven't seen her since she was a child, she should bare you strong and beautiful children," he added and Loras shook her head.

"I will be the laughing stock of King's Landing," he scoffed, both men still not having noticed you until you cleared your throat, drawing both men's eyes to your direction, your mother smiling brightly as you glared at your soon to be husband.

"Lady Jane, Lady Y/N, you arrived much sooner than we expected," Mace Tyrell spoke as Loras openly stared at you, causing you to roll your eyes. You were used to drawing the eyes of men, especially the high born lords who passed through Highgarden and you hated all of the self-entitled little pricks who enjoyed watching you like you were some unidentifiable animal.

"So it seems," you uttered, raising a perfect eyebrow in his direction causing him to turn red with embarrassment. It was safe to say that he had hoped you wouldn't have heard his conversation with his son.

Your mother smiled and broke the silence. "We aren't interrupting are we Mace?" she asked her old friend, moving to kiss his cheek before sitting herself in one of the seats at the long wooden table in the centre of the room.

"Of course not Jane. Loras, stop gawking and help Y/N to her chair," he chuckled, coming to sit next to your mother as Loras made his way over to you, offering you his hand which you ignored as you moved towards your own seat, sitting down on your own.

You weren't too pleased to be here. Your mother had dragged you from your bed early in order to get you into an uncomfortably tight dress and meticulously comb through your long hair, which you had automatically messed into your normal style as soon as you had gotten into the carriage.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, My Lady," Loras spoke, watching your unamused face as you sipped from your cup of wine, uncomfortably watching as your mother spoke with her old friend.

"I'm sure it is," you told him and his face fell as he turned away to face your mother. "Mother, can we skip the pleasantries and get on with selling me off like some prized pig?" you asked with a fake smile and the room went silent.

"Hold your tongue. You are among some of the most important people in the Kingdom," your mother hissed at you and you rolled your eyes.

"I think you will find that's the issue Mother," you chuckled as she shot another glare in your direction.

"Ladies please," Mace started, shifting uncomfortably in his seat. "It's understandable that you're upset, Y/N, you are leaving your home and that can be rather scary, but this will be your new home now," he continued, watching as you looked at him with wide eyes.

"I'm not upset to be leaving home, more that my mother broke her promise to my Father, My Lord" you smirked. "On his death bed he demanded that I'd be allowed to choose who I'd marry rather than being sold to the highest bidder," you added with a fake smile which stretched across your face. "And believe me, My Lord, a lot of highborn men have tried to bid for my hand, none of whom I have wanted to marry.  That list would have included your son, until my mother decided to take away the only freedom I had left," you finished and your mother stared at you angrily as you grinned.

The smirk was wiped from your face as your mother quickly got to her feet, storming over to you to smack you across the face. "You will learn to be silent or I will make you," she growled as Loras rose to his feet, putting himself between you.

"I think you should leave," he told her as you pressed your fingers to your now split and bleeding lip. "Lady Y/N, you can stay with us for as long as you like but I'll not force you to marry me, and neither will my Father," he finished turning slightly to look down at you as you nodded your thanks silently to him. Your Mother stormed from the room, teeth gritted together.

As Loras turned to leave the room as well you grabbed his sleeve, making him look down at your face, "You did not have to do that," you told him and you saw him smile as he knelt down, grabbing a napkin from the table to wipe at the blood on your lip and chin.

"I don't like to sit by as people get hurt, no matter how rude about me they may have been prior" he told you with a small smirk at you winced a little.

"I didn't mean to offend you, I was just angry. I'm sorry" you told him before pausing, looking into his eyes. He truly was a handsome man, and by the sounds of it kind and brave. "Normally I wouldn't be so bothered by the idea of marrying you, in fact I'd have been giddy at the idea if I had been the one who suggested it," you told him, smiling as he leant in to press a soft kiss to your lips.

"How about you suggest it now?" he asked you as he pulled away, causing you to chuckle and pull him in for another light kiss.

Please consider supporting me for just £3 using Ko-Fi. The link is available on my profile page. If you have any questions about Ko-Fi please feel free to private message me. Thank you. L x