Jojen Reed X Stark!Reader - Bannerman (Requested)

"Robb, tell him please," you cried across the table, where your husband stood beside your brother. "He's not trained like the rest of your men, you can't just stand here and let your good-brother be slaughtered on the battlefield," you begged them, trying to get them to change their minds.

"You know this isn't my decision to make, Y/N. Jojen is one of my bannermen and if he wants to fight alongside the rest of us, I won't not stop him," Robb told you, his frown deepening as he watched the tears run down your reddened face.

"No," you uttered, shaking your head. "I don't want you to go. I won't allow it," you spoke, finally making eye contact with your husband, who had lifted his head from where he had been staring at the floor.

"Y/N, please. The other men already think of me as weak, this will only make matters worse," he pleaded with you and you shook your head in disbelief.

"Since when did either of us care about what others thought?" you choked through your tears. "We are one of the only couples in the Seven Kingdoms who married because we actually loved each other. I can fight better than almost all of Robb's men and you are better with a needle and thread than I am," you added, angrily wiping at the tears that were pooling under your eyes.

"Y/N, trust me," he murmured quietly, moving closer and placing his hands gently on your upper arms. You kept your eyes fixed on his as you attempted to force the tears to stop.

"I can't lose you. Please don't go," you whispered so that only he could hear and his frown deepened as he pulled you into his arms.

"You won't lose me. Just wait, I'll be home before you know it," he told you, and if it weren't for how tightly he was holding you, you would have believed him. But his grip was too tight; he knew he may not come home and it made you so mad that your breath caught in your throat.

You quickly pulled away from his grip. "Neither of us believe that, you may as well stop saying it," you told him in a low, shaking voice before walking quickly from the room, leaving the two men in silence.

*Time Skip*

"You're being to tough on him," your mother told you softly as she played with the loose hairs that hung down your back, plaiting them as she spoke with you. "He needs his men's support and trust, and he won't get that if he doesn't go into battle beside them," she added and you hummed slightly. "Your father always went into battle with his men, and Robb is going to. You will learn to accept that they may not come home, as much as that may hurt you," she finished and you shifted to turn and look at her.

"He isn't like Robb and Father. He was never trained to be a warrior. I can use a sword better than he can," you told her with a frown and she chuckled at the last comment.

"Y/N, Robb will try his hardest to keep him safe. He won't be on the front line, he has as much of a chance at surviving as any of them. Have a little more faith in your husbands ability," she told you, raising to her feet and walking towards the doors, "I suggest you go and tell him how much you love him before he goes," she uttered, smiling sadly at you as you nodded.

"Give me a moment, I just need some time to myself," you muttered up at her, falling backwards onto your bed and covering your face with your hands as you began to think.

*Time Skip*

"Jojen?" you questioned into the darkness of your chambers when you heard the door open. You had fallen asleep when your mother had left, and not gotten around to visiting your husband.

"It's me Y/N," he started when he heard the worry in your voice. "I just wanted to make sure you were alright. Your mother said you would be looking for me," he told you.

"I'm sorry, I understand why you-" you started until you heard him bump into one of the many pieces of wooden furniture which decorated the room. You let out a small chuckle as he swore under his breath. You moved to the side of the bed and quickly lit one of the candles which littered the side table, looking around once you could see and finding Jojen holding his toe and standing beside a wardrobe. "Are you alright?" you questioned, stifling your laugh with your hand.

"I'm fine, are you?" he asked seriously and you nodded as you held his gaze.

"I understand why you have to go with Robb," you told him softly and he gave you a small smile as you continued. "I don't like it but I understand, and I'm going to miss you," you finished and he moved closer to you, climbing onto the bed as his arms wrapped around your waist, his lips pressing gently against yours. "When do you leave?" you questioned as you pulled away, your hand resting against his cheek in the faint light that lit your chambers.

"First thing in the morning," he answered quietly, his hand rubbing small circles where it rested on your hip. You nodded slowly, trying and failing to fight back the tears that threatened to fall from your eyes as you buried your head in the crook of his neck. "I promise I won't leave without saying goodbye," he whispered to you as you cried silently and you nodded without answering him.

*Time Skip*

You woke up alone the next morning, cold and still dressed in your clothes from the day before, your eyes stinging and red from crying yourself to sleep in Jojen's arms. Your eyes searched the room for your husband, coming up empty as you noticed his armour missing from beside the door. He was gone, and he hadn't said goodbye.

You quickly climbed from your bed and threw open the shutters, flinching when the light hit your eyes. You could see Robb's party marching away in the distance and your heart broke as you thought that you may never see your husband or your brother again.

*Time Skip*

You had been moping around Winterfell for days. It was driving your Mother mad, watching you pace back and forth, and running to stare from the windows any time you heard hoof beats in the distance. You had hardly said a word to anyone.

You felt abandoned. He had promised he wouldn't leave until he had said goodbye and he had lied to you. Of course, you missed him, you hadn't been more than a day without seeing each other since you were married and now it had been almost a week with no word, not one lousy letter. You didn't even know if he was still alive, he could have been killed on the battlefield or been thrown from his horse on the ride and you wouldn't have known.

After three weeks of waiting, you slowly grew more restless sitting around your home and instead opted to wandering around the grounds, often spending you time on the stone benches that sat in the gardens. You would spend hours sitting alone, thinking about Jojen and praying for him to come home safe, though you were terrified that it was too late.

You were sitting there when you heard the cough come from behind you and you span to find Jojen, covered head to toe in mud but otherwise in one piece. You stared at him for a moment as your eyes filled with tears and suddenly something snapped inside you and you launched yourself into his arms, almost knocking him off of his feet and he stumbled back a few steps.

"I thought you were dead," you cried out, ignoring the smell that lingered on him and that would be sure to coat you as well when you released him. "I thought you were dead," you repeated more firmly, smacking his arm lightly in anger and he let out the breath he had been holding. "And you never said goodbye," you added and he let out a small chuckle.

"I'm sorry. I didn't want to wake you and have our last memory be you crying. I couldn't stand it," he told you as he lifted you chin, pressing his lips to yours gently when he had finished explaining. "I love you," he breathed out as he pulled away.

"I love you too, but I swear if you ever do this to me again I'll kill you myself," you huffed, laughing when he wiped some of the mud off of your face, from where it had settled when you had kissed.

Please consider supporting me for just £3 using Ko-Fi. The link is available on my profile page. If you have any questions about Ko-Fi please feel free to private message me. Thank you. L x