Bran Stark X Greyjoy!Reader - Little Lord (Requested)

You had lived at Winterfell for almost your whole life, your father having sent you and your brother to live with the Stark's after his rebellion, which saw your two oldest brothers killed on the battlefield. You had found the Starks to be more like a family to you than the father and sister you didn't even know, if you were to see them you doubted you would recognise them, you doubted you would want to. Of course, Theon took being sent away a lot worse than you did, he knew your family where you were too young to, and he was always slightly bitter at being sent away to be a 'Ward'.

You had grown up alongside Arya, only a few months younger than her, and shared her fierce personality, arguing that you were better with a sword with any little Lord your age despite being a petite little thing. The two of you had trained together for hours everyday, just as your brother trained with Robb and Jon, teaching one another how to best your opponents. Your brother often came to watch the two of you, chuckling quietly when you knocked Arya to the floor and telling you that you fought like a Greyjoy, though you weren't sure it was a compliment. From where you stood your family had always been out fought in battle and you weren't pleased to hold the name when you bested the older girl.

When you were young, you thought Bran a bore, to engrossed in his climbing to focus on becoming a warrior, like his older brothers. You decided that he was one of the little Lords you would be able to beat in battle, but doing so in front of Lady Catelyn was likely to get you in a lot of trouble, so you remained quiet, silently judging his lack of ability when he was practising his archery in the court yard. When he missed the target entirely you joined in with the laughter, only to be cut off by Lord Stark when he told the boys off, raising your hand where you knew he couldn't see you when he asked the boys who was a master marksmen at 10, causing them all to bite back chuckles.

"You do it then, if you're so great at archery," Bran huffed holding the bow out to you and watching as you snatched it from him, nocking the arrow neatly and holding it up to take your aim. You allowed the arrow to sail, burrowing itself perfectly in the centre of the target as you grinned, spinning and receiving a small round of applause from the older boys. Bran was watching you in disbelief as you shoved the bow back into his hands and skipped away to go and find Arya where she was doing her needlework with Sansa.

"Arya, you will never believe what I just did," you called out as you ran into the room, only to be given a glare by Septa Mordane who quickly moved to shoo you away from the quiet room. She had told Lady Catelyn that you were a bad influence on Arya and was trying her hardest to keep the two of you apart, but as you met Arya's eyes you knew she would come to find you as soon as she was free to.

You had been allowed to stop your needlework classes with the other girls when you had threatened to stab another girls eye out after she told you that you were rubbish at the stupid pastime, telling you that you would never make a good wife. You had been angry, and the girl had it coming when you told her you would hold her down and see how far you could push the needle into her eye, laughing when the girl turned a sickly pale colour at your words. Lord Stark had told you off but you couldn't help seeing the smirk that sat on both Theon and Robb's faces as they watched on, silently appreciating the threat you had become renowned for. You even heard them telling Bran and Jon what you had said one evening and gave them a sweet smile as you walked over.

"You know, it does no good to gossip," you told them and Bran went rigid, silently a little scared of you and your violent nature. "But the stupid girl deserved it, she was being very rude and needed taking down a peg," you continued, and all but Bran laughed as you grinned devilishly at them, giving a small shrug before strolling leisurely away from them.

When you found that Arya was leaving Winterfell to go to King's Landing with Lord Stark, you were heart broken. She was your best friend and you would miss her sorely when she was gone, but you were sure you could convince one of the boys to practice with you.