Jaime Lannister x Stark!Reader - Neon Brother

A/N- this imagine was based (Loosely) on the lyrics to Neon Brother by Nothing But Thieves, which is a favourite of mine at the moment. It also doesn't correctly follow the GoT's time line so won't fit in with what has happened on the show/in the books.

Punching and screaming was all you remembered from the day your father was slaughtered in front of you and your sister. Lashing out at anyone you could lay a hand on. If you could get to King Joffrey it was fair to say you would have killed him for what he had done. There were no words to your screaming, just indistinguishable noises of anger and fear and anguish. There were no words that could have described your pain. You could barely see through the rage that clouded your vision as you attempted to claw out the eyes of any man who dared to stop you from killing the King. All you could hear was the blood in your ears, though you new that the crowd, who had come to witness your father's death, would be screaming for your own head as you lunged for the bastard in front of them.

Only one voice seemed to cut through your swimming thoughts. You felt his familiar hands grab hold of your shoulders, turning you away from your target and pulling you, as gently as he could, into his chest. Your screams became muffled sobs of pain, as your fist clenched around his clothes and your tears stained him. "He killed him," you cried, other sounds finally returning to you as you felt his hand cradle your head closer to his chest plate. You could hear him shushing you above it all, his lips close to your ears; there was nothing in all of the Seven Kingdoms that could have soothed you then.

"Sansa, come with me," you heard him call out, your sister coming quickly to your side and following as he lifted you into his arms and headed back to his chambers.

*Time Skip*

"Y/N, you have to eat," Jaime spoke to you, sitting at the foot of your shared bed as you stared wordlessly at him, your face red and puffy from the now dry tears.

"I don't have to do anything," you growled at him, watching as he buried his head in his hands. Your hard expression quickly fell when you saw his own pain, he hadn't wanted his Father-by-Law to be killed, he hadn't wanted you to feel such sorrow at the loss of your Father. "If it will please you, I will eat, but nothing much," you mumbled, your eyes staring at your knotted hands where they sat in your lap. You felt him shift on the bed before you saw him, his lips pressing against your forehead lightly before he stood to leave.

"I'll be back soon, be safe," he told you before quickly exiting the room. It was hard lying to him, hiding things from him; as soon as the door shut behind him you were at the small desk, writing a note to be sent to your brother, Robb. You were safe, Sansa was safe, but Arya was missing and had been for some time. It was hard having your family by blood at war with your family by marriage, but you knew where your true loyalties lay, and as much as you loved Jaime, you were a Stark at heart.

You and Robb had been connected since birth, and when you left Winterfell, and your family, to marry Jaime, he had been what you had missed the most. You could almost sense each others moods, both good and bad. And right now, you could feel the bad, and you knew he could sense your own pain. You had to assure him of your safety, before he decided to attempt to march on King's Landing. He wouldn't be ready for some time yet.

You heard the door creak open behind you, causing you to jump from your chair, dropping the pen to the table, causing ink to splatter across the desk. "I didn't mean to startle you," Jaime told you, his hands held up in surrender. "What are you doing?" he asked, coming over to where you were standing.