Sandor Clegane X Reader - Song Bird: Part 2

After his first visit, Sandor had started to come to the tavern daily. He found that watching you singing and dancing could relieve the stress caused by his work. You would always bring him his ale with a smile on your face, stopping to talk with him until you were needed by other customers, and even when you were off with other patrons you would always find your way back to him to continue your conversation. You both felt yourselves growing closer to one another, and he soon became your favourite customer, until one evening he didn't show up at his usual time, his drink sitting untouched and ready for him at the bar.

"He's probably just running late," one of the other girls, Tammy, had told you, watching as you frowned at his usual spot, "being the King's personal guard probably really messes with your schedule." You looked up at her, still worried, but hummed in agreement. You went to speak, but it was quickly cut short when you heard shouting coming from the street outside. "What in seven hells?" Tammy had exclaimed, running to look out of the windows as you remained in place.

A woman burst through the door, looking red and flustered as she looked around at the shocked faces of the two barmaids and the few patrons who were spread around the room. "There is rioting in the streets, the king was travelling back to the red keep and-" she fell silent as a rock came flying through one of the windows, followed by another, and another, shattering glass across the floor as you ducked behind the bar. 

Men started to rush in, one grabbing hold of Tammy as she screeched for help, another ripping at the other woman's dress as she tried to escape. The few patrons that had been sitting had quickly turned tail and left when they saw trouble, leaving the three of you to defend yourselves against the brutes.

You reached under the bar where you were hidden, quickly finding the small dagger you kept there for when you had any unwelcome visitors in the Tavern. You stood up, quickly brandishing the small weapon in the direction of the half a dozen men. "Leave them be and no one gets hurt" you called out, sounding surprisingly confident compared to how weak you felt in the moment, one of the men snickered, slowly making his way towards you with a dirty, broken smile. "I mean it, lay one finger on me and you won't have any left" you whimpered as he backed you in towards the end of the bar, leaving you trapped.

It was then that you heard one of the men cry out as he was thrown into the wall, and as you quickly looked up you saw Sandor standing over another man as he plunged his sword down into his head. As he dealt with the other men, the one in front of you began grabbing at your dress, pushing you to the floor as you kicked at him. He found his way on top of you as you struggled beneath him, feeling his hands ghosting over your skin. In a moment of panic you thrust your hands at his chest, plunging the little dagger into his heart. He choked and spluttered, starting to gurgle on the blood coming from his mouth, and you scrambled from under him and back to your feet.

You stood watching him die, partially frozen with fear. It was then that you looked over to see your favourite patron standing covered in blood and dirt from his fighting. "What are you doing here?" you spoke quietly as he walked towards you to sit at the bar, just like normal, "you should be with the King."

"I got him back to the red keep," he told you, pausing for a moment. "I had to check you were okay, Songbird." He reached across the bar to place his hand on top of your shaking one. You smiled at him in thanks, watching Tammy help the other woman to a seat. "Was it your first time killing?" he asked, drawing your eyes back to him, and you gave a short nod. He squeezed your hand again. "It was you or him, you did the right thing, my little bird" he told you before you pulled away, quickly coming around the bar to embrace him.

"Thank you" you told him as you buried your face into his cold metal covered shoulder.

"I just want you to be safe" he responded, resting his chin on top of your head and then pressing his lips in its place as he pulled away from you. "Now, how about a drink, to calm your nerves."

"Don't you have to go back to the king?" you asked as you looked up at him.

"He can wait," he spoke making you chuckle. "Besides, I have to help you clean this mess, it could take some time," he smiled as you slid his drink across the bar to him with a small smile.

Please consider supporting me for just £3 using Ko-Fi. The link is available on my profile page. If you have any questions about Ko-Fi please feel free to private message me. Thank you. L x