Tyrion Lannister X Bolton!Reader - Distraction

You had never been to King's Landing before, and the sight of it growing closer at the end of the King's road was mesmerising as you rode your horse towards it. It was then that you heard shouting behind you, making you pull your horse off to the side of the road to let the crown's military pass you. There must have been thousands of men marching past, some on horse back, others going by foot. The were all clad in iron armour, and all you could think was how hot they all must be under the burning sun. You were not a southern girl, being the bastard daughter of Roose Bolton had seen to that, and even the smallest amount of sun was overwhelming to you.

As you slowly road alongside the soldiers, you started to hear murmuring from the men. Many had not seen a woman who wasn't a whore for months, and it was well known how crude the soldiers could be. But you suddenly heard the talking cut off as three men rode towards you. You stopped you horse and looked at the men who halted in front of you.

"My father tells me that you have been distracting our soldiers," one man said, he was handsome in a way, his hair and beard long and unkept, his face tan, and despite his lack of height you found him attractive.

"I'm sorry, My Lord, I didn't intend to, I was just trying to get to King's Landing," you stuttered, your eyes going wide. Would he punish you for distracting the men? You kept your eyes on him as he started to smile.

"It is okay, My Lady. If it pleases you, you can travel with us the rest of the way. It is not safe to travel on these roads alone," he informed you with a small smile.

"I am not a lady, My Lord, but I would be honoured to travel with you," you told him as you held his eye contact, allowing a smile to grace your lips in return.

"Come. What is your name, my dear?" he asked as you all started to ride in the direction of the city.

"Shireen. And you're Tyrion Lannister, aren't you?" you responded causing him to let out a small chuckle.

"What gave it away, the height, the wit or the rugged good looks?" he asked causing you to giggle. You immediately regretted that giggle, it made you sound like a cheap whore, though he seemed to like it as he laughed along with you. "So, what is Lord Bolton's only daughter doing out here all alone?" he asked looking over at you.

"You are a very clever man, Lord Tyrion," you uttered as you continued to ride.

"And you never answered my question," he paused for a moment. "If you don't mind me asking that is." He all of a sudden seemed a little more shy.

"My Father is a large part of the war in the North, and he believes I will be safer in King's landing than at home," you murmured, pausing for a moment. "Or, I have run away to escape my evil half-brother, Ramsay, you can make your own decision," you told him, causing a frown to appear on his face.

"I have heard bad things of Ramsay Snow, I hope they are not all true or you must be terrified of him," he said causing you to let out a short snort of laughter.

"Ramsay is all bark and no bite," you told him. "Father is very good at stopping him misbehaving, so I have never been in any real danger," you added and you were happy to see him smile at this information.

"I am glad he has not hurt you, Shireen, or I may have had to march north myself to give him a piece of my mind," he said causing you to giggle again and your cheeks to redden.

"You flatter me, My Lord," you told him as he smiled over at you from where he rode beside you.

Please consider supporting me for just £3 using Ko-Fi. The link is available on my profile page. If you have any questions about Ko-Fi please feel free to private message me. Thank you. L x