Tyrion Lannister- Unsteady

A/N - This imagine is based on the song 'Unsteady' by X Ambassadors. I hope you all enjoy it.

You could hear your father talking from the other side of the Great Hall; he was trying to make you sound interesting to the young men around him, to make you into an appetising wife. "She is a quiet girl, she wouldn't be any bother," he bragged to the obviously interested men.

No one could deny an attraction to you; you were beautiful in some strange way. You weren't the innocent, doe-eyed girls that they were used to, though you were definitely quiet. In all honestly, you just found the men boring, whilst they were out training with a sword you were reading and learning. There was not a young man in the room who could match your wit. Hence the interest they seemed to have in you.

Whilst your father attempted to sell you off like a slab of meat, you sat on your own in a far corner of the Great Hall. You had a cup of wine held loosely in your grasp and were tapping your toe lightly on the stone floor as you narrowed your eyes at any man who dared approach you.

"My Lady, people may begin to think that you've grown bored," a man's voice interrupted your thoughts causing you to jut your head to the side in order to see him. You knew it was Tyrion Lannister as soon as you set your eyes on him.

"People would be right, My Lord," you murmured back, returning your eyes to the cup in your hands. You heard him release a small snort of laughter as he watched you.

"No need to be bored, you have some entertainment now," he chuckled and you let out a small scoff.

"What makes you think I want to talk to you?" you asked him, turning slightly to face him with your eyebrows raised.

"My presence will keep the other Lords away from you. I assume that's a good offer?" he told you and your eyebrows retreated back into your furrowed brow.

"And what would you gain?" you asked him suspiciously. He let out a small chuckle.

"I would get to sit next to the prettiest girl in the room, that is enough payment for me," he smiled at you sweetly as he spoke.

"You are nothing like I would have expected," you told him, gesturing wildly in his direction as he chuckled.

"How do you mean, My Lady?" he asked and you answered with a small shrug, leaving the two of you in a comfortable silence.

"You aren't like your father; you're nice to me without wanting anything back," you murmured quietly, allowing your eyes to scan the crowd for Tywin. He had been trying to get you to marry his eldest son for a long time, and told you that he would only consider dropping his oath for you. You had never liked Jaime, he was arrogant and cruel, and, if the rumours were true, he was definitely not your favourite Lannister. When you finally found Tywin in the crowd he was glaring in your direction, though you were sure it was not aimed at you.

You felt Tyrion shift uncomfortably in his seat when his eyes followed your own to meet his father's glare and you quickly tensed up beside him.

"Lord Tyrion, would you care to walk with me in the gardens?" you asked quickly, rising to your feet and swiftly heading for the doors to get some fresh air.

"Are you alright, Y/N?" he asked once he finally caught up with you amongst the flowers that decorated your father's gardens. You knew them like the back of your hands, and had done since you were a child, but now they felt foreign to you. The hedges sent shadows around the lawn and the flowers seemed dim in the moonlight that hung low over the two of you.

"Yes. Yes, I'm fine, thank you, Tyrion," you muttered as you took a few deep breaths to steady yourself. "Actually," you finally sighed, giving a deep shrug before talking again. "I'm not alright," you choked out, allowing some tears to escape your eyes as you slumped down onto the grassy lawn.

"Whatever is the matter?" he questioned coming to kneel beside you as your body shook from the sobs that silently escaped your lips. "Tell me and we can make it better," he added softly, resting his hand gently on your bare shoulder.

"We can't. I am to marry your brother, and we will forever live in Casterly Rock as your father has always wished because my own father has no backbone," you sobbed, allowing him to pull you into a tight hug.

"I know, but we can at least enjoy tonight," he told you softly, running his hand through your hair as he held you close to him.

"I'll treasure these moments until the day I die," you whispered as you burrowed closer to him.

"As will I, My Lady," he whispered back before getting back to his feet. He pressed a quick kiss to the back of your hand before releasing you and going back into the Great Hall, leaving you alone in your old happy place to cry.

Please consider supporting me for just £3 using Ko-Fi. The link is available on my profile page. If you have any questions about Ko-Fi please feel free to private message me. Thank you. L x