Tyrion Lannister X Baratheon!Reader - Lion's Den

A/N - This is an imagine which I based around the song below (Daniel in the Den- Bastille) which I have always heard as something that i can relate to the story of Game of Thrones!

Sitting in the throne room had become a daily occurrence, since your eldest brother had died. His son, Joffrey, had become the new King and it had torn your family apart. Your older brother Stannis had taken up arms against him, as had your twin brother Renly. And here you were sitting amongst what was left of your family.

Your niece, Mycella, was all that kept you sane in these times, she was so positive and sweet, unlike her mother. Cersei had never been your biggest fan, nor were you hers, but in the last few months she had become insufferable. It seemed as though she was gloating, rubbing it in that the children were more Lannister than they were Baratheon.

There were times when you believed the disgusting rumours that Ned Stark had told you. He was a close friend of Robert's and as such knew you better than many other Lords. Of course, you were reluctant to believe him, it would make your niece and nephews the product of incest. But, you believed him now; after he had been thrown in jail you began to put the pieces together for yourself. Though, there was still nothing you could do. If you were to try to leave, you were likely to be killed; if you were to express your concern, you would be labeled a traitor of the realm.

One morning, as you sat watching your 'nephew' residing over the court, you were approached by Tyrion Lannister. He sat beside you in silence for a moment before turning to look at you.

"Good morning, Lord Tyrion," you murmured before he could speak, not taking your eyes off of the Stark girl, who knelt before the King in tears.

"Good morning, Lady Y/N," he responded quietly, his eyes also locked on the child begging for mercy for her father. It was useless of. You knew better than most the cruelty that ran through Joffrey's system at all times.

"Her father will die here, won't he?" you whispered to the Hand of the King, shocking yourself with your openness.

"I assume so, yes," he whispered back. "And he won't be the only one. Please come and visit me in my chambers when court is over, My Lady," he added almost silently. You responded with a small nod, watching as the girl was dragged from her place on the floor, moved out of the sight of the other Lords and Ladies.

The poor girl was clueless. The more she begged for the safety of her father, the more she jeopardised her own life. You quickly got to your feet, moving past the King's Hand and following in the direction the girl had gone.

"Sansa?" you called after her as you hurried to keep up, causing her to turn to you with red eyes and to collapse into your arms. "Oh, you stupid girl," you muttered as you held her shaking body, run your hand through her hair soothingly.

"They're going to kill him, aren't they?" she sobbed into your chest and you let out a heavy sigh.

"They might, or they could send him to the Nights Watch," you muttered to her. "You need to stop worrying about your father and start worrying about yourself, child," you added stroking her hair.

"I'm not in prison," she yelped out staring up at you in confusion.

"Can you walk out of King's Landing without a Lannister guard?" you asked and she shook her head. "Then you are as much a prisoner here as your father or myself," you told her gently.

*Time Skip*

You tapped lightly on Tyrion's door, smiling gently at the man when the door was immediately pulled open.

"Come in, My Lady," he announced, quickly stepping out of your way as you walked past him.

"Let me be straight with you, Tyrion. I want Sansa out of this city, and I would quite like to leave myself," you told him as you took a seat at his dining table, filling up a cup of wine and taking a small sip. "So, how are you going to help me?" you asked, quirking an eyebrow at his shocked expression.

"I understand your concern, Y/N, but-" he started, only for you to scoff at him.

"Don't take me for a fool. I know about Cersei and Jaime, and I know that she had my brother killed," you growled at him.

"Of course, you do," Tyrion sighed, his hand rubbing across his face. "That is information you need to keep to yourself if you want to stay alive. It would be rather difficult to get you out of the city if you're dead," he uttered, coming to sit across from you.

"Fine," you huffed, running your hand through your hair. "I will be keeping Sansa close to me, but I wont tell her anything," you told him, the room falling silent as he nodded in agreement. "And she will begin staying in my chambers," you added quickly, causing Tyrion to groan.

"My sister will be unhappy. She's not someone that you want to get on the wrong side of," Tyrion muttered, concern clear in his eyes.

"The girl has night terrors. She hasn't been sleeping, Tyrion," you murmured back with a small shrug. "She will become ill if she doesn't sleep," you finished, your eyebrows raised as if asking him to question your choice.

"Fine," Tyrion sighed deeply. "But you should try to keep it quiet. It will make everything harder if Cersei is watching you," he finished, standing and going towards the door, opening it for you to leave. "Thank you for visiting me, My Lady," he said loudly, his voice echoing down the hallway to the guards.

"Of course, Lord Tyrion, don't be a stranger," you muttered back as you swept out of the room, your light dress flowing behind you as you went back to your chambers.

*Time Skip*

A few weeks later, you were awoken by a hand shaking your shoulders. Your eyes shot open as you attempted to back away from the body only to bump into Sansa, who was sleeping behind you.

"My Lady, it's me," Tyrion whispered to you, keeping his hold on your arm to calm you.

"You scared the life out of me," you scolded him quietly, looking over your shoulder to check whether Sansa had been disturbed.

"She'll have to wake up; I'll let you do the honours," Tyrion whispered, finally releasing your arm and taking a step away from the bed.

"It's time?" you questioned quietly, your eyes lingering on Tyrion's face as you thought about finally leaving King's Landing. Tyrion gave you a curt nod as you watched him, leaving another question on your lips. "And you can't come with us?" you muttered.

"You know I can't, but my friend Bronn is waiting outside for you. I trust him fully to get you to Stannis," he told you and your eyes welled with tears.

"I honestly thought you would change your mind about staying here," you sniffed, wiping at the few tears that dared escape.

"I'll join you once my Father returns to the capital, but for now I have to stay. I'm sorry," he told you, his hand coming to caress your cheek gently and causing you to smile sweetly at him.

"I can't wait for the day," you told him, gently placing your hand over his. "Now go back to your chambers or someone will notice your absence," you told him, leaning forward and pressing a light kiss to his lips.

"Be safe," he whispered before quickly pulling away and making his way out of your chambers, leaving you to wake up the clueless girl beside you. He hesitated once the door was closed. "I swear, if anything happens to her I'll kill you," he muttered up at your new guard.

"No one will touch a hair on her pretty, little head," Bronn answered grinning down at his friend who glared up at him in return. "If she gets hurt I'll throw myself from the ship we sail on," he added, raising his hands up in mock surrender.

Please consider supporting me for just £3 using Ko-Fi. The link is available on my profile page. If you have any questions about Ko-Fi please feel free to private message me. Thank you. L x