Theon Greyjoy x Stark!Reader - Patience

A/N - This super-short imagine is based on the song 'Patience' by Take That because it's a damn good song and always gets stuck in my head. Also, my upload rate is a little all over the place at the moment and that it because I have just finished and submitted my  Undergraduate dissertation and am now working on my last few Uni submissions before I finish in April. Thank you all for being so patient with me and my hectic schedule. 

"I don't understand what you want from me," you muttered softly, your eyes not chancing the glance up to Theon's as he stared over the table at you.

"I want you to be you again; I miss you," he grumbled. His voice was rough and thick, and it sounded as though he may have been ready to begin crying at any moment.

"I am me; I don't know what you mean," you continued, your fingers digging into the fabric of your skirts as you stared into the scarred wood as though it would give you something else to say.

Theon scoffed, leaning back in his chair, his eyes lingering on you for a moment, until he shook his head. "Well, you aren't acting like you. You haven't been since we left King's Landing." You felt the tears brim in your eyes as you took a deep shaking breath.

"Please," you whispered, your voice low as it shook it's way out of you. "I just need time," you added, causing him to let out another scoff. Your eyes were on his before the noise could even finish leaving him.

"You've had time, Y/N, I need my wife back now."

Your jaw tightened as you watched him with saw, reddened eyes. "Just try and have a little patience for once in your life," you spat through your teeth, unable to hold back the anger that threatened to fall out of you. "He raised you too, you must feel some sort of sorrow over what happened to him," you continued and you saw him freeze.

"Of course I do. I loved your father, but we need to move past it," Theon told you, lowering his voice as he reached a hand across the table, laying it open for you to hold.

"I'm not ready; I know it's frustrating but I am still healing, Theon," you murmured, moving to gently rest your hand on top of his. "Believe me, I'm trying to move on," you added and he nodded as he ran his thumb over your hand, causing to smile slightly at him.

"I believe you," he uttered softly before slowly bringing your hand to his lips, pressing a gentle kiss to the soft skin. "I love you."

"I love you too," you responded, moving your hand to cup his cheek gently. "I always have." You let out a deep sigh before pulling away from him, giving him another sad smile as you leant back to watch him.

"I did care about him, he was more of a father to me than my own ever was," he started, pausing as you nodded an answer at him. "I just needed you to know that."

"He knew that, Theon, and he cared about you too. He wouldn't have allowed us to marry if he didn't," you told him softly, getting to your feet and crossing over to him to press a soft kiss to his lips. "I'm going to go to bed. I'll see you in the morning," you uttered quietly as you pulled away from him.

"Goodnight, My Love," he answered softly as you left the room, leaving him alone with his mug of ale.

*Time Skip*

"Y/N?" You sat up straight in your bed when you felt a hand touch your shoulder, flinging your hands towards whoever was touching you and attempting to shuffle away across the bed until you saw Theon's face. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to scare you," he told you, his hand resting gently on your arm as you breathed heavily.

"It's fine, I just wasn't expecting to be woken so early," you mumbled, giving him a weak smile and reaching out to lightly brush your fingers over the stubble on his cheek. "Was there something you needed?"

Theon's smile grew as he nodded slightly. "Robb'll be at the Twins in a fortnight's time," he started, moving his hand to cup yours where it rested on his face. "We should be able to get there in time," he added, smiling as tears began to prick at your eyes.

"I'm going to see him again," you cried, a bright smile on your lips as you pulled him closer to you, burrowing your face into his shoulder as he chuckled and attempted to stop himself from crushing you with his body. "Gods," you mumbled pulling back to kiss him roughly on the lips.

Theon pulled away, stroking your messy hair out of your eyes and grinning as he looked at the smile he had missed so dearly.

Please consider supporting me for just £3 using Ko-Fi. The link is available on my profile page. If you have any questions about Ko-Fi please feel free to private message me. Thank you. L x