Petyr Baelish X Baratheon!Reader - Jealous (Requested)

You hated the way people in the King's court spoke about your husband. To you, he was the sweetest man to ever live and that's all he had ever been in your eyes, treating you as a princess. When you questioned his kindness, he had told you it was because your brother Robert was the King, but you didn't believe him. No one else treated you as nicely as he did. However, you had heard the other women of the court gossiping about him, about his brothel and the company he kept when he wasn't with you. You had always pretended not to hear their comments, putting them out of your mind and remembering the Petyr you knew, the kind man who would do anything to see you smile.

One morning, you were sitting watching your brother conduct business with Lord Stark by his side, when you heard one Lady whispering to the other. "I heard that Lord Baelish doesn't enjoy the company of Eddard because he married Catelyn Tully, he's always had a soft spot for her," you heard her utter behind you, not knowing whether she knew you were sitting so close to her.

"Poor Y/N, it must hurt to know he is so deep in love with another woman," the other Lady whispered back, making your entire body tense. You always knew that Petyr had been in love with Catelyn when he was younger, and it hadn't bothered you as you hadn't known each other at the time, but you had never imagined it would still be the case. They hadn't seen each other for years. You quickly rose to your feet heading for the doors when your brother's voice interrupted your thoughts.

"Y/N, did you have some business to discuss with us?" Robert spoke from the Throne, causing you to turn quickly, realising that you had ended up in the centre of the room.

"Oh no, Robert, I'm sorry for interrupting," you told him with a smile before hesitating. "Actually, I'd like to make a small announcement if that would be okay," you looked up at him and he nodded. "I would like to ask everyone to stop spreading rumours about my husband as if he were some criminal. It's disgusting behaviour from people who are considered Ladies of the court and I'll not stand for it any longer," you rattled on, making eye contact with the two women who were now red faced and embarrassed. "Thank you, Brother," you continued, smiling at the King, "may I be excused?" He gave you another nod, accompanied with a large grin as you turned and strolled leisurely out of the room and into the halls.

Robert knew where your feisty attitude and threats had come from, growing up with two older brothers and one younger had been overwhelming to say the least, and though they were over protective to a fault they also loved to tease you about every last little thing.At some point, you had decided to start sticking up for yourself, and one evening when Robert gave you a shove you had him on the ground in seconds, swiping his legs out from under him with a swift kick to the back of his knees. Stannis and Renly had been in tears from the laughter, which Robert eventually joined in with. After that the three of them had learned not to mess with you too much, and had taken to warning other Lords about your aggressive nature when teased too far, a fact that your now husband found endearing when you had first been introduced to him as Robert's "Beautiful, but very mean, little sister," a title you wore with pride.

*Time Skip*

You had been sitting in your chambers for what seemed like hours, sipping on a cup of sweet summer wine and flipping through a book as you looked out over King's Landing, when a knock came at your door. "Enter," you uttered loudly and the door swung open to reveal your oldest brother who let out a laugh as you looked up at him with annoyance clear on your face. "They speak like I'm not even there," you started, releasing a deep sigh.  "I can't stand those women, Robert," you huffed and he let out a brash laugh.

"I'm surprised you didn't give them a smack and go about your day, instead of giving them a warning," he told you causing you to laugh with him.

"I won't lie, I considered it, but I don't think Petyr and I could deal with a worse reputation around here," you murmured. "People hate us," you told him causing him to snort.

"They don't hate you, they are scared of you. You two make up one if the richest houses in Westeros and neither of you are willing to put up with people's shit. You're a force to be reckoned with," he told you, and you raised an eyebrow as he spoke.

"Maybe I should give them something to actually be scared of. It's not even like I've done anything since I've been here," you spoke causing him to scoff. "I know I smacked the Tyrell boy, but in my defence he did deserve it, and everyone agrees with me," you added and he laughed again.

"The boy asked if you were with child because I told him that you were. He didn't deserve a slap, he deserved a pat on the back," he choked out through his laughter as you shook your head at him, trying to fight back the small smile crawling onto your face. Once he calmed down he decided to speak again, much more serious this time. "What did they say that angered you this time, anyway?" he questioned you and you huffed.

"That Petyr is still in love with Catelyn, and that they pitied me. You know how much I hate that," you told him and he frowned at you, realising what a serious topic he would be entering into if he were to carry on. Luckily, he was saved when the door opened revealing your husband who you smiled up at as he entered.

"I was just leaving," he quickly mumbled before slipping out of the door, leaving you to shake your head at him. For such a large man, he was very quick to disappear when it benefitted him.

"Good evening, My Love," Petyr started, coming to press his lips to your forehead, watching as you smiled up at him. "I heard you had quite the eventful morning," he told you with a smile. "What happened?" he asked as he poured himself a cup of the wine you were drinking, moving to take the seat opposite you.

"The women behind me were being quite inconsiderate about my feelings, so I made them very clear," you told him with a smile. You knew he loved your cocky attitude and you enjoyed flaunting it in front of him, but this time was different. He knew that something they said had genuinely upset you, and he wanted to know what that was.

"What was it that hurt your feelings, My Love?" he questioned again and you looked at him with a smile and a small shrug, not the answer he had wanted from you. "If you don't tell me I'll have to ask them," he spoke again and you scrunched up your face in disgust. It would sound better coming from you; he knew that you could be jealous, you had had many conversations in the past about his line of work, and you had learned to understand that he had no feelings for the girls.

"They were talking about you," you paused, letting out a sigh. "And Catelyn Stark," you finished and he raised an eyebrow at you in disbelief a small smirk crawling onto his face.

"Don't tell me that you are jealous of a woman I had a childish crush on twenty-odd years ago," he joked and you simply shrugged at him. You hadn't really noticed how much it bothered you until you said it aloud, and now you were kind of upset about him laughing at you for it.

"Well, you did try and fight to win her hand, so must have wanted to marry her," you muttered and he laughed again making you shoot a glare in his direction. "You aren't taking me seriously," you told him, your voice raising just enough for him to pay attention to your warning as you scrunched your hands into fists.

"There isn't anything to be serious about. I liked her when I was a child, and now we are both happily married. I'm sorry if those women upset you but you have nothing to worry about," he told you mimicking your shrug as you frowned at him.

"Why don't you like Ned Stark then? You've been avoiding him all week," you spoke, your voice much softer than before as you worked to calm yourself down.

Petyr Scoffed, "Because he is the most dreadfully good person I've ever met and I find his company quite tedious," he told you and you let out a small chuckle. "Now that's what I like to see. I love you and no one else," he spoke as he moved around the table to kiss you.

"I love you too, those women just get to me sometimes,"you told him softly. "I know it's silly," you trailed off and he kissed you again.

"It's not silly. I get jealous too, when you spend time with Tyrion," he told you and you fought to stifle a giggle, quickly turning it into a cough as he raised an eyebrow at you. "I'm being serious, he's always so flirty with you," he told you and this time you did laugh.

"He flirts with everyone, you have nothing to worry about," you told him with a smile as you moved to give him a final kiss.

Please consider supporting me for just £3 using Ko-Fi. The link is available on my profile page. If you have any questions about Ko-Fi please feel free to private message me. Thank you. L x